Chapter six

Sarah's POV

"Here's my assignment."

I handed in my assignment and walked to my desk. Sitting in my favourite seat, the window seat. The people poured into the room. I looked out the window as I wait for class to begin. Before I know it, I felt something cold sit beside me.

I glance over to find none other than Keir Vance. I'm surprised that he decides to sit beside me even though there's seats still empty.

I stayed silent looking away hoping he doesn't notice me. But my luck, he did.

"Hey there Harper."

"Hey Vance."

"Look, we may not be on good terms but do you know why Vanett went after you?"

"Who?" I raised my eyebrow in confusion.

"Vanett, one of the guys who went after you on Saturday."

"No clue."

I turned to face the front as the teacher started teaching.

Thought the assignment, I couldn't stop getting a hunch that Vance wouldn't stop glancing at me. At some point through the lesson, he handed me a note from under the desk, kicking my leg gently to get my attention. I take the note without question.

I continue on with my notes until the bell rings.  Packing up my things and sticking the note in my pocket, I walk out of class to my next one.

Social, which means I get both Ramose and Vance.

Great.

I'm early so I settle in a seat by the window. After getting in settled, I tale out the note as the people are still coming in to class.

I read it.

Tell me something I don't know. About the Vanett vamp. The guy you ran into on Saturday. Did he say something to you?

I flipped over the page and wrote as fast as I could for my answer, telling him that's said there's war. I didn't tell him when. I scan the room and there sat Vance at the back alone.

I then see Blade Ramose, Frey Lutter, and Talon Flon coming in.

I turn around to the guy behind me. "Pass this to Keir."

He passed it along to the other kids without asking questions. Just as the three sat down, the note got passed to him. I saw him read the note, glanced at me and nodded.

I turn around ready for the lesson.

"For the next week or two, you will be doing a project on the lesson we've been doing. I want you and a partner-" people gasped and searched the room for the person they want to work on the assignment with, "-will be doing a timeline about the Historical evolution of the American Identity, and it's role in the global. You must include the key terms, definition in your own words, illustrations, colour, and dates. I will be choosing your partner."

Groans echoed through the room. My luck, I'll end up with one of the vamps. Mr. Brotherton raised his hand for everyone to settle down.

"When I say you and your partners name, come up and grab a sheet and sit down with your partner."

He started calling our names both partners going up and sitting down brainstorming. Now, there's only the few of us. I feared the worse when my name is called and I'm partners with Blade.

Great.

I get up slowly glancing at him. We briefly glance at each other making our way to the front. He picked up a piece of paper and walked back, gesturing his head to his desk.