Chapter nine

Sarah's POV

I walked in when my parents are arguing again.  I sigh while rolling my eyes. They are at it again.

I place the bag down on the couch and walked into the kitchen where they bicker at each others throats.

"I'm home!" I shout over their shouting. I shut them up and they stared at me with fake smiles.

"Hey sweetie, how's your walk? Did you use the spray I gave you?"

"No and it was good."

"That's good. There's left over dinner in the fridge," my mom said pointing to the fridge.

I nod.

I left them to argue and I went upstairs. Putting the spray in my drawer, I put everything away. Once I knew the clearing is all safe, I head downstairs for my dinner. My dad is probably in his office while mom is watching tv in the living room.

I sneak into the kitchen to microwave my dinner. Once that's finished, I head back upstairs with my food. I boot up my laptop to check my emails.

I only got one.

From Blade Ramose.

How the hell did he get my email? Curiosity got the best of me so I checked why he emailed me.

Where would you like to do the project. I don't know about you but I would like to get this assignment done.

I emailed him back sure when and what time. I also said that he needs to fix that kid of his. She was creeping me out.

I sent the email and in the meantime watched on YouTube while I ate my dinner.

After, I set the plate aside in my bedside and continued the video. Once the video finished, I check the email.

He did reply.

She does not need fixing. Sorry if she stared you down. Sapphire's never seen humans in three and a half years. For her age that's a long time. Anyways, whatever works for you. I'm free all the time, technically.

I wrote back.

What about tomorrow at 4:30 at Cooperstown Diner?

I sent the email. Not long after he responded. Does this guy just sit at his computer all day and wait for a response or what?

Sure, I'll meet you there. Make sure you don't run into any more vamps either. Your lucky you made it out alive without Sapphire or I taking our dinner.

I shook my head smiling at his response.

Did I just smile at his response? He's not even that funny. Why did I do that?

I shook it off taking my plate down to the dishwasher.

I took a quick shower before heading off to sleep for the night.

-

After school I let Sabe drop me off at home, gathered the things I need. I said hi to my parents, then drove to the diner when it's time.

I found a seat since I'm the first. I sit down and order my lunch. Not long after, Ramose walks in with a bottle- assuming blood is filled- spots me and sits across from me.

"Hello, Ramose."

"Harper."

"Well . . . Let's get started."

He pulled out the paper that we started. He wrote the definitions and the key terms while I searched up some pics to draw. He got the writing down fast and started outlining it in sharpie.