Chapter twenty six

Sarah's POV

"Do you have any reason why the Vanetts are targeting you?" Raul, who introduced himself to me when he came back, questioned.

I shook my head. "I don't know why."

"Did this just happen now, or . . ."

"It's all started at the Chase." He gave me a look of saying continue, so I did. I explained the situation again.

The looks that I got from the hunters and my dad.

They were all shocked that happened. Blade can even confirm it.

"Well, we can't do anything but keep and eye on the Vanetts. It's weird since they only stay in their territory and never comes out," Raul said.

"It's strange how they decided to come out of hiding and target you dear," the woman said.

"The name's Victoria."

"Hi. Sarah."

We shook hands. I'm still cuddling in the couch in the warmth. I can finally feel myself again.

Keir sat at the window sill, gazing out the snow falling and hearing the faint wind outside.

"I don't think you'll be able to go through the snow storm, unless if you have a car."

"We don't, we walked in the forest with our gear finding strays. It was nice earlier and hoping we would get back in time," my father said.

"Keir's right. You'll never get back safely," Nevada replies the first time since she's introduced me. Two other woman came into the room. One had jet black hair with short bangs, and a streak of neon purple.

She wore a black cardigan with a grey shirt and tight blue ripped jeans.

The other woman has a light golden brown hair that's curly. She wore a black knee high skirt with a grey blouse.

They both came into to living room. The curly hair girl waltzed over to Keir.

"Keir's right though, until the storm passed, you are gladly to stay. Even for the night," Raul offered.

My father agreed.

In the meantime, the hunters and the adults went into the kitchen area to talk. It's just us kids in the living room.

"Well, Dawn and I are heading upstairs." Keir stood up with Dawn, I guess that's her name.

"Don't stir up trouble," Blade said.

Keir flipped him the finger as he smirk, walking away with Dawn.

I snickered while the rest laughed.

"So Sarah, what's it like being the daughter of a hunter leader?" Nevada asks.

"Well . . . It's quite an experience. Living with a hunter means I know how to use the weapons, but using them is difficult."

"Oh so it's nice to kill a vamp, then?"

"I've never killed any vamp before. I'm not experienced or ready."

"Okay, so no harm done."

I shook my head. "Alright, imma talk to some friends."

"What kind of friends?" Corbin asks as he follows Nevada out.

"Friends you don't even know. And don't need to know."

"C'mon Nevada."

Their voices fainted in the distance as they disappeared into the home.

"Well, it's just you and me, Harper."

"I guess so."

Silence lingered us. Since I'm all warmed up,
I fold the blanket and set it aside.

"Aren't you still cold?"

I shook my head leaning on the couch. After today's events, my eyes drooped a bit. I forced my eyes open seeing Blade smirking.

"You're tired."

"No I'm not."

"Yes. You. Are. I can tell."

I gave up. "Okay, fine. You caught me. I am tired."

He chuckled. I moved around trying to get comfortable. I couldn't get comfortable for the dear life of me. Ramose chuckled again. He sat down beside me.

I curl into a ball hurling into the corner of the couch.

He spun himself so he's facing me, crossing his left leg and hanging the other leg hanging off the couch.

I stare into his cold, lifeless eyes. "What's up?" I ask breaking the silence.

"Nothing."

Sleep lingered me. Just as my eyes were about to close, the last thing I saw was Ramose standing up. He took me into his arms.

That's the last thing I saw before darkness took over.