Chapter twenty two

Sarah's POV

The past three weeks have been stressful. I've had assignments due, some tests from my first semester, which meant heavy studying. And since tomorrow is the Christmas Break, I couldn't wait to escape the town for a week and see my mom.

It felt forever since I've seen her. I've told my friends that I'll be away for the week but I'll still be able to talk to them over the phone.

I've been so excited that for the past week, I couldn't sleep, and not just because of the tests.

Tonight my mom is picking me and I'm scurrying around my room packing everything I might need. My clothes, toiletries and some extra, like my brush, a book for night. My charger for my phone.

Anything that'll entertain me while I'm there I case I'm alone or something.

After packing, I bring my things downstairs and set them by the door. I'm all ready to go.

"Already kiddo?"

"Yep."

"I'm gonna miss you. Remember to have fun."

"I will dad."

"Okay good. Your mother should be here soon."

I sat in the living room waiting for the knock or sound of the doorbell. It felt like an eternity until I heard that doorbell go. I bolt from my seat and scurried to the door.

"Mom!"

"Hey sweetie."

She pulled me into an embrace. Her pointy nose pushing against my head in the side and her fluffy curly golden locks tickled my face.

"How have you been?"

"I'm doing great, just have been busy with school and all."

"That's good. Hey I hope you haven't eaten, have you?"

"Nope." I popped the 'p.'

"Okay good. I'm going to take you out for dinner, your choice."

"Really?" My face blew up in excitement. My dad walks in. "Ready to go?"

"Yes."

"Have fun."

He waved goodbye not even acknowledging mom. Strange.

I grab my suitcase and leave with mom our to dinner.

"So hun, where do you want to go?"

"Spice symphony."

I haven't been to New York City but have been doing some online researching of restaurants I would like to try when I'm old enough. Spice Symphony looks to have delicious food.

From pictures online, I'd love to try their food. Now that I'm actually doing this, my dream is coming true.

"Alright, so this is the plan. We'll go to dinner, take our time and catch up. Then we'll make our way back to my apartment and you can get settled in while meeting my roommate. We have an extra room where you'll be sleeping in, but you'll be sharing since Jill's cousin is coming for the holidays as well."

"Oh, so I won't be alone then."

"Nope, she's also your age too."

Wow, I'm going to have a great break.

We made it to the restaurant.