Chapter ten

Sarah's POV

Today is Halloween day and at school everyone, and I mean everyone, is talking about the haunted house in our neighbourhood where people come to visit and get scared. Honestly, it's priceless how people get so scared that others laugh at them, until they go in and it's when the table turns.

Others are planning to go to the vamps house and try to make it out alive, just like Ramose was talking about.

A few kids are talking about the Bash that they have younger siblings. The people that we chased down will be handling all the treats, music, and drinks.

I walked down the halls as the chatter rose up. Opening my locker I shove everything in there. Grabbing my things for my next class, I head my way in.

"Hello, Sarah."

"Sabe!" I hug him from the side.

"How many times do I have to tell you to not call me Sabe?"

"And how many time have I told you that I. Don't. Care?"

We laughed as we made our way to class. We went separate ways.

I sat down as the kids poured in sitting in their seats.

-

"Tonight is going to be great!" Lennix said with excitement.

"What do you mean?" Lauren asks.

"Tonight, along with other teens, we are going to the forest and run from the vamps who are snacking on us," Lennix explains.

"Really?"

"Yeah, but you don't have to come if you don't want to, Sarah," Kathrine said.

"Yeah, I'm going to stay back at my home and hand out candy to the kids."

They nodded. My friends are so understanding towards me. Although I would want to join in the fun, it's not my style. I'd rather sit at home and enjoy my night eating pizza, popcorn and watching a movie while handing out candy to all of the small trick or treaters.

"What time are y'all going tonight?"

"There's a group of us that's waiting at the entrance of the forest at eight tonight, then we are entering the forest probably not 'till ten. That gives us a lot of time to get prepare," Sabe explains.

"Then it goes 'till midnight," Lauren's adds. This will be her last one before she moves.

"There's rules too."

"Since when?" I ask.

"Since always. They always have rules so people don't cheat. But that's only on Halloween. Any other day it's okay," Kathrine sassed.

"You don't need to know since your not joining. Anyone can join it's just you don't need to know," Sabe said.

I nodded.

I just pray that they won't get bitten for their midnight snack.

-

Sabe drove me home as always then he'll get ready to go for their fun tonight. I wished them luck and hope they don't get bitten.

I walk in getting ready to start my night.

"Hey honey," my mom welcomes.

"Hey mom."

I unload my bag quickly doing my homework while my mom talked.

"So, I found a great apartment in New York City! It comes with a lovely roommate."

I look at her awkwardly.

"Oh honey, you know I'm just getting divorce. I'm not getting a roommate who's a male. It's female."

I let a sigh of relief.

I finished up my homework. "Hey mom, I'm ordering pizza and watching a movie tonight, while handing out treats to all the kids."

"Okay, Sarah. Just be careful who you answer the door to. Your father is out for the night and I'm off to explore the apartment and get to know my new roommate."

"Okay, mom."

She grabbed her purse and keys and left the home. I was alone once again. This time I got ready for the night. I first called the pizza place and order one medium Hawaiian pizza.

I then blast music and got the popcorn ready, picked out a movie and set the treats out by the door.

The pizza did come and I set it on the table after I paid. Getting out my plate and cup for a drink, I grab a couple pieces of pizza with my bowl of popcorn, making my way into the living  room. I put on my favourite movie and started watching turning off my music.

I kept the movie down low so I could hear the doorbell.

Speaking of, the doorbell rang. I opened the door handing out the candy saying 'Happy Halloween' to the little kids. There was kids dressed in Superhero's, Scream costume, princesses.

They are so cute.

The time passed and I'm starting to get curious how the hunt is. It's already past ten. Not very many trick or treaters are out now. I finished the pizza and popcorn a long time ago and is now watching whatever I can find.

I wanted to text Sabe or the others but thinking their situation, it wouldn't be a great idea of texting them how they are doing since they're being chased by vampires who are much faster than them.

I just hope they are safe and not have been bitten. And by what Ramose said a few days ago, not bitten and shipped off somewhere.

I pray they'll be alright.