Chapter four

Blade's POV

I drove home from the school thinking of the events that went down this afternoon. I feel stupid for not watching Harper.

I had one job and failed it.

It's not like I care for the girl anyways. She's the daughter of the vampire hunter leader and everyone knows that one day she'll be in that group, serving her father to take down the vamps.

Of course with our accessories on, we won't bring any harm. As soon as one of us takes off our accessories, then game on.

I drove down the road we came earlier, but kept going until the road to our home showed. Signalling left, even though no ones around and out of habit, I drove down the road being cautious as sometimes the three kids plays in this area.

Since my mind keeps getting the better of me, I parked the car. I killed the engine and rested my head on the wheel.

Why would the Vanetts attack on Harper. Of all people it had to be Harper.

The daughter of the vampire hunter leader. We did agree to not talk about it. My mind had so many questions that may or may not be answered.

I heard a knocking at my window. Rolling my window down I recognize the blondie with the purple streak from top to the bottom of her hair.

"Hey Sapphire, what's up?"

"What are you doing sitting here all alone?"

"Well, pipsqueak, I've got a lot of thoughts racing through my mind. And I need to think and not drive or I'd get into a crash."

"Don't crash," she whined.

"I won't. That's why I stopped driving."

"Can I drove all the way back?"

"Sure."

I open the driver door allowing her to climb in. Sometimes, I'll slow her to drive with me in charge of the gas and holding the steering wheel with one hand. I don't go very fast, twenty would be the fast I'd go, maybe twenty five. Just for safety reasons.

I help her climb in and sit in my lap. I slam the door shut turning on the engine. Moving the joystick to drive, she grasps the steering wheel as I descend forward. I always have my fore and middle finger at the bottom of the steering wheel in case I have to take over.

I pulled the seat forward so it's better her to reach the wheel. I smiled as she enjoyed driving back home. Luckily, we don't have every far.

We vamps are very rich when it comes to things. We get the money from the vampire government, and a few of us has jobs to collect more money.

As soon as our home is in view, I took over to park but still going slowly since Sapphire is still  on my lap without a seatbelt

As soon as our home is in view, I took over to park but still going slowly since Sapphire is still on my lap without a seatbelt. Killing the engine, she looked at me with a huge smile on her cute little face.