Puzzle Piece

"P'Tin!"

Tin watched Ley quickly trudge down the stairs as they were all seated for lunch. He never really have someone younger look up to him except for Phupha so seeing Ley excited at seeing him is still kind of new.

"I didn't know P'Tin would be here," Ley said. "Why didn't you tell me ahead of time, P'Can?"

"You were cooped up in your room and didn't even hear us arrive earlier."

Ley rolled her eyes. "I was reading so I couldn't really hear anything because I am too focused."

"Reading what?"

The younger Kirakorn blushed. "You know... fanfictions."

Can sighed, choosing not to engage anymore.

Tin watched both siblings interact because it always amuses him seeing Can lose in an argument against Ley.

He never really expected to be back in Can's home. It is still as cozy and warm as he remembered. It is still filled with the loud chattering of both siblings and Ms. Kirakorn fussing over them while preparing their food in the kitchen.

It is the kind of home he never experienced --- a kind of home he wanted.

"Are you okay?" Can asked him in a low voice.

He nodded, reaching for Can's hand under the table.

"Were you with P'Can last night?" Ley asked. "Is P'Pete with you?"

"It was just Can and I."

"Oh," Ley was somewhat disappointed. She then eyed her brother. "I didn't know you and P'Can are so close though. He always says you aren't friends before."

Tin smirked, amused as he looked at Can. "Is that so?"

Can laughed, nervous. "Ma, let me help you in bringing the food to the table! I am so hungry na!"

He watched Can stand and help Ms. Kirakorn in setting up the table so they could eat lunch. He can already smell the delicious food and he is looking forward to it especially since it is homemade.

He just looked at Can preparing the table for them and finding it cute that he has such a nice relationship with his mother.

"P'Tin," Ley called.

He then looked at Ley who was fidgeting as if hesitant.

"Are you single?"

...what?

"No," he answered.

"Oh my god," she gasped. "You have a boyfriend."

"Why'd you assume it is a boy?" he asked.

"Because handsome boys are for handsome boys," Ley answered, as if stating a fact.

With that, he can really say that Can and Ley are indeed siblings based from their out-of-the-blue and weird logic.

Tin decided to humor her. "I like the cute type more though."

"So it really is a boy!" She squealed. She started fanning her blushing face. "Calm down, Ley. Calm down."

Her reactions are starting to amuse Tin because she looked so excited at just hearing two boys have a relationship.

"Is it P'Pete?"

He glanced at Can who was walking towards them, just finished placing all the food on their table.

"No. It is not Pete."