Fine

Pete took Can inside a café outside the university. The former ended up buying food for the latter because Can said he doesn't have any money.

Can was kind of disappointed that nothing could faze Pete from having the inevitable conversation. Even the call from Ae did not distract the IC student.

They were both waiting for their orders in silence.

Can did not order much because he does not have the appetite to eat a lot despite it being free food from Pete.

He was looking everywhere but Pete. He was dreading the conversation and with the very person he is jealous of nonetheless.

"How's... How's school?" Pete tried to have small talk since to his surprise, Can is quiet.

"Still hard. I don't understand the lessons most of the time," Can answered.

Pete smiled. "Same. I am not that good in academics but I try my best to study hard."

"Well, I don't try my best to study."

"Um..."

Can somehow felt irritated and he hates it. Maybe because he does not want to talk at all or because he is dreading the conversation or because he wants to just run away somewhere very, very far.

"What do you want to talk about?"

He took a deep breath to calm him down after the kinda bitchy tone he used.

"What do you want to talk about?" he repeated, calmer this time.

"It's about Tin."

Hearing the name affected Can in more ways than one. He never imagined that Tin would be the one he would ache for with longing and whose name leaves him with a bittersweet feeling --- almost a nostalgic pain.

"Did he tell you anything?"

Pete nodded his head. "But not everything."

"Is he shutting himself from the world again?"

"He's..." Pete thought about what to describe Tin's situation. "He's waiting for you."

The answer caught Can off-guard.

"What do you mean?"

"I expected for Tin to be back to what he once was, being cold to everyone who crosses his path and shutting himself off by himself," Pete said. "But no. He told me what he felt which will never happen if he hadn't been with you. He isn't the Ice Prince like before."

They were interrupted when a waiter served them their orders.

"Tin kept being friends with me. For now, he is just a normal broken-hearted college student," Pete continued. "You changed him in more ways than one, Can."

Somehow, Can was relieved that Tin never went back to his old and cold self. He is also glad that he at least kept being friends with Pete even though Pete is the person he is most jealous of.

He is happy that there is at least one person who is there for Tin even if it is not him.

The fact that he left Tin alone for his own selfish reason of being suffocated by his own self-pity will always haunt Can.

"I won't ask for you to say your side of the story but I want you to listen my own story."

Can remembered hearing about Ae's side about their relationship. To be honest, he did not know his fellow football friend received much hate especially with his eternally frowning face.

"I made a very big mistake before," Pete started. "A mistake that haunts me even until now."

What Pete said caught Can's interest.