Let Me

Can stared at his ceiling when he woke up. It was another weekday and he wished the semester would end because he doesn't think he can take another month of studying.

Since Finals is almost up, they don't have any football practice so that is one thing that makes him hate Finals more.

He just wants to get over this semester and have the break he needed. He knows he isn't the studious type of person and certainly he isn't intelligent but he wants a break from all of that studying.

He isn't used to studying at all so studying for the Finals is actually taking a toll on him.

He got up as he stretched his arms up.

"Morning, Squirtle," he greeted his stuffed toy Tin got for him in one of their dates.

His room remained the same as before except for the green Post-It notes he had pasted on his wall along with Tin's notes in the water bottles he constantly received before.

He snorted at how different his penmanship is compared to Tin's elegant writing.

Every morning, he would look at the Post-It notes as a reminder for himself.

To love ourselves, we have to be ourselves.

You're human, it's okay to have flaws.

You did well.

He had written those three notes for himself not simultaneously but he learned all those things one by one as he tried to fix himself during the months that passed by.

Because in reality, Tin was correct.

Can didn't really need fixing.

What he truly needed was a time for himself --- a time to understand and know his very own self better.

He grew up not having a care in the world as long as he gets to play online games, eat alot, and play football.

But that wasn't giving himself a time. That was just doing what he wants to do.

He knows he loved doing those things but there might be more to him than just football, games and food.

Maybe this is truly what he needed. An authentic time for himself.

And he needed a goal and motivation --- Tin.

Tin became his goal day by day. He was just living his life not knowing what he wants to do until Tin came to his life.

He was so used to just fighting through fists when people insult his friends that he didn't know what to do when he wanted to protect Tin so much.

He was suddenly experiencing so much with Tin in a span of 30 days, it caught him off-guard.

Maybe the 30 days time limit was what pressured him so much.

He needed to have an answer for himself in a span of 30 days that is why he got scared.

He got scared of failing, of falling short, of not being enough.

Everything was too much for him and he cannot breathe.

And that is why he chose to be selfish.

He chose to let go of Tin to get rid of the burden of being the reason why people talk bad things about Tin.

He closed his eyes and took a deep breath.

It's okay. You're okay.

He was able to talk to Tin yesterday although it was only for a brief moment.