Singularity

"Who are you?"

That was the very first thing Can heard from Ley as soon as he went to their dining table.

"What?" Can was confused.

"Mom!" Ley called their mother who was cooking in the kitchen. "P'Can is acting weird!"

Their mother came from the kitchen with trays of food. She looked at his son who frowned at Ley.

"What do you mean I am weird?" Can asked his sister.

"You're... calm?" Ley do not know how to describe him. "Why are you quiet, you annoying brother?"

"I am always calm!" Can defended as he pouted. "So shut up, okay?"

"That!" Ley pointed at his brother with a huge grin. "That's my brother!"

He rolled his eyes because can't a person just be quiet for once? It's not like he talks like a machine gun everyday. Right?

Their morning was filled with loud chatter from both siblings and their usual banter about almost everything.

"Where did you sleep the other day?" Ms. Kirakorn asked.

"I ---" Can stopped himself from spilling everything to his mom about being in the Medthanan beach resort. "I told you that I slept at Ai'Ae and Ai'Pond's dorm room."

"Were you watching porn?" Ley asked.

"We weren't!"

Both girls in Can's family laughed when they saw him being defensive.

It was a calming breakfast for Can. Although most of the time he argues with his family about the smallest of things, these moments are one of the reasons he is able to smile.

That is why thinking of Tin makes him worried. Tin does not have anyone to lean in his own house which is the very opposite of Can's.

I hope Phupha can be with Tin to cheer him up.

As both siblings get ready for school after eating breakfast, Ms. Kirakorn called his son.

"Can?"

Can turned to look at his mother.

"Are you okay?"

The question made Can want to cry. He has been so heartbroken with his decision and still he continues to worry about Tin despite his request to fix himself.

"No," Can answered in a quiet whisper. "I'm not okay, ma."

Ms. Kirakorn was quite surprised his son was able to open up easily. Despite being very talkative, Can does not usually speak when it comes to important and serious matters.

"But don't worry, I will be fine."

-

Tin was back to square one.

"I am making you choose because for once I want to be chosen. I want to be chosen this time, Can. And I want it to be you who chooses me."

But Can did not choose him.

He understands every fear and doubt Can had about what other people think.

Tin himself got afraid of what other people think about him. Until now, he always takes note of what other people say about him --- about being the undeserving Medthanan heir.

It took him years to cope up with all the insults and judgement of other people and yet he is still greatly affected by it.

Despite being ignored and unloved by his own family, there is still a part of him that craves to be called worthy as a Medthanan.