Love Again

Tin woke up with Can in his arms, head tucked under his chin. He blinked the sleepiness away to make sure he wasn't dreaming.

The sun's rays slipped through the window and the gaps between the curtains, sunshine casting over intertwined bodies on the bed, this, Tin thought, was a good start to his morning.

He slowly pulled himself away from Can to have the opportunity of watching him sleep peacefully, chest rising and falling in a steady rhythm.

He never remembered them being this close when they slept last night. It took awhile for Can to sleep with him in the same room, in the same bed even.

But the blush that adorned Can's cheeks when he asked him to share a bed with him was so adorable.

He promised Can they would just sleep together --- literally sleeping together. Nothing else. No hidden motives.

Besides, Tin thinks Can isn't ready for anything sexual yet. And he isn't in a hurry. He can wait for Can because Can is always worth waiting for.

"I love you and I am not afraid, Tin."

He can't help but smile at the memory of them yesterday. He always pictured Can coming back to him but yesterday was beyond his imagination.

He raised his left hand just enough to see the ring tattoo along with the sun and moon tattoo they got together yesterday.

Le soleil et lalune.

That's what they are --- the sun and the moon.

He moved Can's hair away from his eyes, softly running his hand on his hair so as not to wake him up.

"I want you back. I miss you."

"You don't have to get me back. I was always yours to begin with," Tin said in a low whisper.

He really wonders how blessed he is to have Can in his life. He gambled and trusted Can despite his fear of trusting anyone after his family's betrayal.

It was by chance that he met Can. It was by chance that he constantly clashed with Can when they first met.

It was a choice to trust him after his apology letter. It was a choice to know Can better.

It was completely out of his control that he fell in love.

Because Can was the only person who looked at him as him, not as a Medthanan but just as Tin himself.

Can made him feel the safest, real and vulnerable. He is home itself.

"My home has a beating heart," he whispered, smiling softly as he watched Can sleep.

At that moment, he heard Can groan, stretching while his eyes slowly fluttered open.

People say that a person's most vulnerable moment is when you first wake up in the morning. It is the moment between a dream and reality as you wake up.

That is why it also the most honest moment for people.

When Can opened his eyes, Tin watched him blink the sleepiness away. And when Can looked at Tin, the first thing he did was smile.

That. That is one of the vulnerable moments of a person.

When Can smiled at him, still sleepy and not yet fully awake, Tin's heart skipped a beat.

"Good morning," Tin greeted.

"Morning," Can greeted back groggily.

He just watched Can stifle a yawn as he stretched, trying to gather his sense. And when Can blinked, finally waking up fully, Tin watched him slowly widen his eyes in surprise.