Day 24

Can walked towards the table where Pond, ChaAim, Ae, and Pete were seated.

He sat next to ChaAim and everyone loudly welcomed him. He rarely eats with the squad since he eats with the seniors or with Tin most of the time.

"Where's Tin?" Pond asked, his eyebrow raised.

"He had breakfast with his family," Can answered.

He started eating the foods he ordered in almost every stall in the cafeteria.

"It is rare to see you without him," ChaAim said to him.

He glanced at her who just gave him a kind smile.

Everyone talked about school works first before suddenly talking about scary professors they all had.

ChaAim was great in keeping Pond in line for the duration of their breakfast but unfortunately, that didn't last long.

"Is Tin not planning to buy an apartment near the university just like Pete?" Pond asked.

Can stopped and said unsurely, "I don't know."

"Tin told me he was looking for apartments like mine before," Pete chimed.

It was a blow for Can that he did not know anything about what Tin's future plans were. How come Tin never opened up about looking for apartments to him?

Is it because Can will be unhelpful in looking for expensive apartments?

Pete smiled at him. "He was unsure that time though."

Can appreciated Pete's reassurance and yet he still felt lacking.

"Why would he be unsure though?" Pond wondered. "I mean, he'd have a private place in where he can do anything."

Can choked on his food when Pond wiggled his eyebrows at him.

"What do you mean?" he asked Pond after drinking his water.

Pond grinned and said, "Anything means what Ae and Pete do every night."

Now it was Ae's turn to choke on his food.

ChaAim elbowed her boyfriend. "Get your mind out of the gutter."

Pond raised his hands in surrender. "What? I'm just saying something helpful."

"Helpful?" Ae barked. "We are eating for god's sake."

"Don't tell me I did not help in pushing you to eat your shrimp right there," Pond gestured to Pete who blushed.

Can shook his head fervently to keep his mind off the gutter as well.

Stupid Pond and his stupid mouth.

He just continued eating like the glutton he is and drowning out whatever Ae and Pond are arguing about.

In the midst of zoning out as he ate, his gaze just naturally went to Pete.

Pete is indeed very handsome. Too bad for all Pete's admirers because he is already taken and smitten by a certain football player named Ae.

Can noticed small details about how Pete ate in a sophisticated way, how he laughed while covering his mouth shyly, how he always listened attentively to everyone who speaks, how he uses polite language, and how he is the very opposite of Can.

He took a deep breath as he mindlessly played with his food.

He lost his appetite.

Yes, he knows he is jealous. He knows what he feels is absurd because Pete is happy with Ae. He knows he should not worry about anything.