"Fifteen minutes precisely...Also, her other cousin Hamid dropped her there and I'm assuming that he would be the one picking her up"
Ebek felt his heart speeding up with each passing second, he was so close, so close to getting her.
Only a few more hours and Gulaab will be his forever.
Gulaab Ebek Awarkzai.
A blinding smile graced his lips as his mind played scenarios of her in his arms.
So close and safe.

"We're here lala"
Zameer's voice broke his train of thoughts.
They were now parked in front of a known beauty salon.
Ebek clenched his jaw after he realized that she's in there; getting ready for another man.
He wanted to kill.
Kill that bastard because his flower's name was being associated with him.
Guzman will pay for even thinking about what belonged to him.

"Lala I think you should stay here, we can't compromise your seat. If any of this goes out and make it to the news. It won't be-"

"I don't fucking care zameer. The only thing I care about is her and her only!"
Ebek could care less if he will lose his seat, he could trade all of this money if he can get Gulaab Mukhtar in return.

~

"Mam don't cry anymore, please. I know it's your big day and some girls bawl their eyes out but still don't-"
Gulaab wiped her tears again as the Quiscent makeup artist was doing her artistry on her face.

"-I swear by God, the makeup we use is waterproof but the buckets of tears you're shedding... it's concerning"
Ammara laughed and moved forward to pinch her cheeks.

"She's crying because she's the baby of our family and the thought of leaving us behind after her wedding is sad. Am I right Gul? But no need to worry because you're not getting married just yet"
Gulaab nodded and gave her a tight smile.
Ammara was also concerned.
She had never seen Gulaab cry this much, was it only because of her fear of leaving her family or was it something else?
She didn't had the best relationship with Gulaab or at least they didn't shared a relationship where Gulaab will share all her thoughts without any hesitations.
Ammara made a mental note to ask Hania later.

"Pheww, we're finally done here. You look absolutely breathtaking"
Gulaab almost didn't recognized the girl who was staring back at her.
Her eyes caressed the reflection of her adorned self, the champagne gold dress was heavily embroidered with metallic bound threads and sequins, her long honey traces were curled in the end, a few ringlets of curled hairs were framing her heart shaped face, her pale blue eyes were glowing due to the shimmery eye makeup, her lips were painted a carmin red, a delicate white gold necklace was adorning her swan like neck.
Gulaab felt her heart dropping.
All of this effort for someone whom she didn't loved.

"Gulaab. Just relax and sit there. I'll call Bhai when I get ready"
Ammara sat down to get her make-up done.

Gulaab sat down on the plush sofa and closed her eyes.
She wanted to run away and never look back.
She wanted this nightmare to end.

"Miss. Gulaab! Your cousin is here to pick you up"
Gulaab frowned in confusion.
Hamid bhai were supposed to pick both of them at 7.
Gulaab stared at the fancy wall clock.
It was 5:45.

"Are you sure he said Gulaab?"
Ammara asked, she only had her foundation done and Hamid bhai were here already.

"Yes. He said his name is Murtaza and he's here for Miss. Gulaab"
Ammara clenched her jaw tightly.
Murtaza has an obsession with ruining her day.
There was no way she will leave this parlor without getting ready.

"Gul. I'm not even ready yet"
Gulaab smiled at her pouty face.

"Ammara I'll go with Murtaza bhai. You can comeback later when you're ready"
Gulaab stood up and pinched her long dress with her fingers.

"Yes. That would be perfect"
Ammara clapped her hands and leaned against the chair again.
Gulaab walked towards the exit with her eyes downcasted.
She didn't knew what or who awaited her outside...

~

Azar was panicking.
The thought of her in potential danger had eroded his senses.
He rummaged through his drawer to find his Glock.
After picking it up, he shoved it his pants.
He had received a call from Shadman Awarkzai a few seconds ago.

"Hah! Azar Mukhtar Good to see you all celebrating but what if..."

"What are you trying to say Mr. Awarkzai?..didn't I made myself clear the last time"

"Ohh Azar Azar Azar. Why are you so worked up? I'm just trying to congratulate you"

"We don't need that from a man like you. You and Your family should stay away from us"

"That little girl. What was her name again? Ohh Gulaab right? Such a divine beauty...If I was in Ebek's place I would have-"

"Mr. Awarkzai hold your tongue. I'll kill anyone with my bare hands who even thought about my sister"

"Azar Mukhtar this blatant portryal of disrespect won't do you any good. What if your sister appeared in thin air? I'm sure you won't be able to find her and I'll make sure of it"

Azar knew, that these feudal lords could ruin his family but there was no way he would sit back at watch.
He will protect his sister with his chest.
And for Gulaab's safety and protection.
He will kill!
With pounding heart and fierce eyes he dashed downstairs.
Yasmeen Mukhtar who was coming outside of the kitchen with some garlands in her hands saw Azar darting outside furiously.

"Azar! Where you going?"

"Azar?"

Azar ignored his mother's calls.
He can deal with her later. The most important thing right now was Gulaab's safety.

_____________________________________

  Look Who's back after months.
Life wasn't treating me well these past months but I'm back...for good!
I'm sorry for making you all wait for so long. It's still unbelievable that so many people read my work and appreciate it. I'm very thankful!
Also, my apologies to all of you who messaged me and I didn't responded. I wasn't in a good place of mind.
I missed writing and I missed all of you 💖😔
How was this chapter? Drop down your thoughts in the comment section and don't forget to vote.
Love you all x