23

Past

Past

For some time now, Armeena had been looking around the office dejectedly, the whole place emanated a peculiar vibe, no warmth, no belongingness, no homeliness.
The gilded photo frames, The dark brownish furniture, the plush couches.
She stood out like a sore thumb among the setting.
She stared out of the huge glass window, The sky had opened up, releasing a torrential downpour on the city.

"Came back for more? Dear Armeena"
Armeena visibly stiffened at the haunting voice.

Shadman felt the same familiar ache ricocheted in his chest at the sight of armeena in all her glory.
Serenade of fresh hazel eyes stared back at him in fear..
They were once so bright, so full of life...

"Cat got your tongue? You look different"
Shadman circled around her like a prey, his dark eyes zeroed in on her frail hand clutching her stomach. Shadman narrowed his eyes and searched her face.

"You have put on some weight baby but you look like a vision regardlessly"
Shadman whipped out a hand and traced the pattern of her sheer white duppatta that covered her bust.
Armeena pushed his hand away, the single touch reminded her of that cursed night. Incessant tears blinded her vision as waves of anger and pain deluged her in that moment.

"Don't touch me sahib. Don't"
Armeena squared up her shoulder and pretended to put up a facade of bravery.
But she wasn't brave. If she was brave then she would have stabbed him in the eye the moment his lustful gaze slithered down her body.

"You know how much the word 'don't' turn me on sugar? You should know better. Don't spite me"
Shadman lightly caressed her apple cheeks and moved back a little.
He was still wondering why she was here, he had gotten his fill of coital pleasure from her and even though he still wanted to indulge armeena. With elections coming up he didn't had time.

"I-I'm pregnant"
Shadman's heart thumped frantically, his mind raced to make sense of the information.
Was he so gone in throes of pleasure that he had forgotten to take the necessary steps.
Shadman was baffled, startled..
if this got out in the press he was done for.
Not it won't.
Shadman concealed his face albeit of his anxiety. He caught her arm in a harsh grip.
His next words fell flatly.

"Get rid of it"
Armeena turned ashen at his words. She thought his reaction won't be discordant to hers but she was naive.

"N-No.."
Armeena tried to yank herself away from him in panic but he tightened his punishing hold on her.

"What did you just say? Get rid of this bastard. I don't want your spawn causing problems. What do you need money? I can arrange it"
Shadman sneered at her, making her cry from the callousness of his hands.

"Sahib. This is your son. I don't want anything. Just give me a promise that you'll give this child your name. I don't want him to be a question mark"
Armeena sobbed as she cupped the bump of her stomach protectively.