20

Gulaab had chimerical thoughts of fleeing away because she was a little bird trapped in the grasp of a beast, who wanted to pluck her wings, restricting her flight

Rain was still pouring heavily like crying spells over her ephemeral love.
An echoing bolt from the door had her clutching the wooden window for dear life.
Ebek entered his room with a dismal heart.
His guilty eyes fixated on his center of earth.
Her red dress was fluttering under the raucous breeze of the night, luminous skin that outshined any opal in existence, lips that were the reminiscent of sweet berries.
Her beauty was appalling but what caught his eye were the tiny droplets of tears cascading down her cheeks.

"Gulaab"
His whisper had her clenching her eyes shut in pain.
Ebek gulped and walked towards her.
Reaching out an arm to touch her stiff shoulders.

"Don't touch me! Don't you dare touch me"
Gulaab growled and retreated away from him as if his touch burned him. They stood close but there was a undeniable distance that chasms between them. They were close yet so far away.

"Don't you think you have done enough already? What else do you want?"
Gulaab stabbed a finger on his chest, she could no longer control the seething tears that were streaming down her face.

"Gul please. I'm sorry...I love you-"
Gulaab's face quirked into a ghosty smile, bitter and humorless.

"Love? You make me doubt the veracity of this word Ebek Awarkzai"
Clicking her tongue, she walked towards the tall dressing mirror and started to strip herself of the jewelry that was clawing at her skin.
Ebek watched her back with a pained expression.

"What happened to the love between us? Does love fade away in a blink just like that?"
Gulaab halted in her escapade of throwing away the jewelry on the plush carpet and met his eyes through the mirror.

"Our love massacred by your own doings"
Gulaab whimpered, in this scant second she saw his eyes brim with despair and that coiled an unsettling feeling in her stomach.
She should no longer feel pity for the man in front of her.
Shaking her head, she walked towards a door which seemed to be the bathroom.

Ebek was left alone utterly, with the poison of her words that slowly entered his veins.
She doubted him and his love. How will he gain her trust back was a labyrinth...

~

The night had spread it's ebony wings on the valley, Gullible residents of this valley were early sleepers because they woke up at the first beam of sunlight.
Shadman was leaning against a pine tree inhaling his joint that he had just rolled along with Jamal talking about inane things.
The sweet peace he experienced after every inhale was otherworldly.
Shadman saw a walking silhouette clad in white, for a second he thought he was hallucinating but it was indeed a feminine figure walking ghastly on the gritted pathway.

"Doesn't she look familiar?"
Jamal narrowed his eyes in the darkness.
Shadman stood up and walked towards the gritted road where the silhouette was approaching.