27

Azar Mukhtar was sitting behind the sleek desk, meticulously arranging the files that he had just gone through

Azar Mukhtar was sitting behind the sleek desk, meticulously arranging the files that he had just gone through. The tall floor to ceiling windows casted a dimmed glow in the office room, filtering the harsh sun-rays.
Not long ago, his secretary Komal had informed him of Ebek Awarkzai's desire to meet him. Just to be an asshole Azar told komal to make him wait.
Azar couldn't help but smirk as he glanced at his alpina watch, noting the minutes passing by.
The wait stretched for an excruciating half an hour, and in the waiting area Ebek felt like his patience was beginning to wear thin. Time and professionalism was important in his workplace and if it was anyone other than Azar Mukhtar, Ebek would have taken out his annoyance at the tardiness.
Finally, Azar Mukhtar's plain Jane secretary signaled Ebek that Azar was ready to see him. The door swung open as Ebek entered the room, he couldn't mask the mild displeasure on his aristocratic face. Azar caught the signs of his subtle discontent but he chose not to comment on it.
It had been over a week since Azar took Gulaab from Ebek's house.
Azar watched intently as Ebek settled in the chair in front of him, his posture stoic and tensed and the shadows beneath his eyes were distracting.

"Ebek. If it's about Gulaab then I refuse to give you my time of the day"
Azar leaned as he said, his tone was measured.
Ebek clenched his jaw as he glared at the smug look of Azar's face.
Oh how he wished to punch him.

"If it wasn't for Gulaab. I wouldn't be here. I don't have the urge to look at your unpleasant face"
Ebek managed to say unpleasant instead of ugly, because as Gulaab's brother, Azar Mukhtar was anything but ugly. Even Ebek would acknowledge it without a delay.

"Oh trust me. I don't wanna see you either. I hope we never see each other again after this, aside from court"
As the words trailed off, Ebek's bleary eyes darkened.
Court? Did he hear him right?

"Wtf did you say? Court?"
Ebek gritted as he rested his elbows on the desk. Azar knew what he wanted to say next would escalate Ebek's anger tenfold.

"Tumhara or Gulaab ka divorce kerwa rha hon. Muraad ny papers bana liye hain. You just have to sign after Gulaab sign the papers"
(I want you to divorce Gulaab. Murad already made the divorce papers)
Ebek's face was ice-cold, upon hearing Azar's words. Rage radiated off of him in tangible waves. The anger that simmered inside of him resurfaced, threatening to consume his rationality.
Ebek suddenly jerked up and grabbed Azar Mukhtar by the collar and pulled, the first button of his shirt ripped from the force.

"Kuttay ki dum waqai Kabhi seedhi nhi hoti Azar Mukhtar. Tumhen kiya lagta hy tum Kuch bhi kerty raho gy or main Chup rahonga? Just because I'll beg on my knees for Gulaab doesn't mean that the old Ebek Awarkzai is dead. Tumhary Samny jhuk raha tha main sirf Gulaab ky liye. Tum samjhty kiya ho Khud ko?"
(The dogs tail is never straight Azar Mukhtar. You think I'll stay put and let you do what you want? I was being placid because of Gulaab only. Who do you think you are?)
Ebek's eyes were wide with mania as his face contorted with malice. Azar grimaced as he tugged his shirt away from his grip and straightened it. Motherfuck*r had to ruin his favorite shirt.