15

Ajab apna hal hota jo visal-e-yar hota
kabhi jan sadqe hoti kabhi dil nisar hota

(That would be a strange feeling, if my beloved had come to see me,
At one moment I would rendered my heart and at another my soul for her)

His eyes were coldly inquiring, like the darkness of the night, like the rattling grey clouds in a storm..
His nose was elegantly straight, jaw was as sharp as a knife..
His lips were furrowed in a thin line but they looked attractive, like the shiniest garnet.

Ebek Awarkzai, is the talk of the town with his striking handsomeness and remarkable career. The young CEO is still a bachelor but we had seen many supermodels latched to his arm..

"Gul Gul guess what?"
Gulaab visibly jumped at the loud voice and hid the magazine under her pillow.
The last thing she wanted was to be teased by Ammara because she was gawking Ebek Awarkzai's cover page.

"Guzman's family is downstairs and his mother is asking for you, seems fishy right? I feel like they're here to ask for your hand in marriage"
Gulaab stared at her with wide eyes.
Her hand in marriage?
No. This can't be!
How can Guzman send his parents without asking her? What was she supposed to do now?

"Gulaab beta change into something else and come downstairs, some guests came over for your proposal"
Sadia tayi said, Gulaab could only stare back at her in surprise.

"See. Told ya! Get ready quickly. Imma go and munch on some snacks that Chachi made"
Ammara patted her cheek and left.
It was appalling!
Just yesterday,
She had promised him that she belonged to him and now...
Gulaab grabbed her phone and dialed the number that was so dear to her..

"Hi, this is Ebek Awarkzai. Please leave your name, number, and a brief message and I'll get back to you..."
Freaking voice mail..

"I-I don't know what's happening or what's wrong with me? I just look at you and I get lost, lost in your eyes, lost in your words and it scares me..it scares me. You said I was yours. I said I'm yours. If what I'm feeling is Love..Love is a journey to the stars, it has it's own trials and I..I will try to fight these trials as much as I can. Okay? I just wanted to get this off my chest..bye.."
Gulaab cut the call with shaking fingers, if this was her state talking on a voicemail, she will probably faint if she ever confessed her love in front of him.
She was wondering what would his reaction be like?
Will his lips form into the brightest of smiles that dimmed the world around him?
With Ebek on her mind, Gulaab walked downstairs.
There was no need to doll up for this proposal when she was going to reject it...
But first she will have a word with Guzman.

~

"I told my parents to visit Gulaab's house, are they there yet? Ask them about the progress"
Ebek asked zameer impatiently.
Today has been so hectic, with back to back client meetings.
Ebek barely had time for himself.

"Bhai. Shadman sir had a very important party meeting that he had to attend-"

"They didn't go? Fucking hell"
Ebek grabbed his phone from the office table, to call his parents but a voice mail popped up and it was from Gulaab? What?
Before opening the mail he glared at zameer, who got the hint and left his room.

"I-I don't know what's happening or what's wrong with me? I just look at you and I get lost, lost in your eyes, lost in your words and it scares me..it scares me. You said I was yours. I said I'm yours. If what I'm feeling is Love..Love is a journey to the stars, it has it's own trials and I..I will try to fight these trials as much as I can. Okay? I just wanted to get this off my chest..bye.."