10

میں نے چاہا تھا کے اندوہ وفا سے چھوٹوں

  لیکن وہ ستمگر مرنے پہ بھی راضی نہ ہوا.
           - مرزا غالب

(I wanted to be freed from the pain of  fidelity...
But that cruel temptress did not agree to even reward me death)

Ebek closed the door of his room with a loud bang while fumbling with his tie.
His face was red portraying his inner emotions perfectly.
He walked towards the mini fridge in the room, taking out a drink.
Usually he never touched alcohol on working days but he was so angry right now, he felt the need to calm his senses a bit.
Unbuttoning his brown shirt, he raked a hand through his thick hairs.
Ebek looked utmost terrifying at the moment but a Greek god at the same time with his sculpted face and dark eyes.
His mind wandered off to what his father had said earlier.

'leave the girl alone Ebek. I don't want them to file a case against you when the elections are this near. Your future is in front of you son! Will you let a mere girl ruin your chances of getting what you want?'

Was it in his control? Was love something that can be controlled? How can he just leave her like that when she was the one who lit up his world?
His heart felt heavy at the thought of leaving her.
No. He won't leave her.
She belonged to him and he won't let his father decide what he should do and shouldn't do.
He wasn't scared of Azar Mukhtar either, he can try and protect his sister because that's what brothers do right? But Ebek will still get her.
Gulaab was meant to be with him; a part of him wondered did he even deserved a pure soul like her?
They were polar opposites; his soul wasn't pure and innocent like hers;
His soul was corrupt and debauched.

~

On a calm Saturday; the morning sun peaked through the blue sky, Rooh Qasar was buzzing with happiness, the whole family was sitting on the dining table waiting for breakfast ; which was pancakes with fruits and maple syrup.
Murtaza had saved a seat for Gulaab as usual but Ammara proceeded to sit beside Murtaza since Gulaab wasn't here yet.
Murtaza glared at her through his fake glasses, hazel eyes challenging her.
Ammara rolled her eyes and took a seat beside Hamid Bhai.
They all knew that Gulaab was Murtaza's favorite cousin, he treated her differently...
On sue, Gulaab skipped down the stairs in a powder pink kurti and matching bottoms, her dupatta was draped over her shoulders, her honey brown hairs were pulled up in a ponytail, she looked peaceful and somewhat happy.