2.

Walls have ears

             Walls have ears.
             Doors have eyes.
             Trees have voices.
             Beast tell lies.
             Beware the rain.
            Beware the snow.
            Beware the man
           You think you know.
                          -songs of sapphique

The sky was a canvas of different shades of blue and pink , the aurora had spread it's wing on the "Rooh Qasar" the said house was a huge banglow with a ancient Spanish interior ; there lived three families all together as a one huge family that stick together in black and blue , since the late roohaab bibi believed on the saying "blood is thicker than water" and had passed the legacy to the three sons , The elder son Farhaan Walid was the back bone of the house , with a spouse named Lailah, and two sons named Harris and Hamid and a daughter named Ammara. Haaris is a doctor by profession and have his own small hospital while Hamid helps in the family business, Amaara  just started her journey as a bachelor's student, The second son Aftab Walid have a beautiful wife named Sadia , they have two kids ,the eldest son is named Muraad, Muraad is a respectable lawyer, the other son is named Murtaza; Murtaza is still studying in a university , his major is mass communication. Last son ! Mukhtar Walid have a wife named Yasmeen , his son named Azar who was the same age as Hamid and helping his father in the business , mukhtar and yasmeen also had a daughter named Gulaab , Gulaab was the result of their endless prayers, they had always wanted a daughter and when they had a daughter after 10 years of their marriage, they were escastic...
Gulaab and Azar have an unusual sibling bond, Azar treated Gulaab like his own daughter , it might be the age gap but he was very possessive about Gulaab and was ready to throw hands at whoever made his sister shed a single tear.
Gulaab also loved her Akhii (brother in Arabic or persian) to no end.

The morning in Rooh Qasar was always hectic, with whiffs of freshly made parathas and omletes, the whole family was sitting on a huge dining table that had a sitting for atleast 20 people; The ladies of the house Laila, Sadia and yasmeen can be seen moving back and forth to the kitchen and the dining room , expertly lying out the breakfast on the table , Farhaan sahib have a daily newspaper in his hands; while Aftab sahib and Murtaza sahib were discussing some matters from the office along with Azar, the kids were all doing something on their own, Murtaza and Amaara were teasing Gulaab, who had a small frown on her forehead, Haaris was as quite as he usually is ; as the eldest in all his cousins, he was strict and always find a way to scold all of the younger insolents who roam the rooh Qasar, Hamid on the other hand was as talkative as a rising business man can be. Literally! Muraad was taking a selfie, since it was his first day as an official lawyer.
After several moments; the breakfast had finally been set and all of them were eating while making jokes and talking.
"Gulaab beta ; are you ready ? Chalo ab"
The rough voice belonged to Azar who stood tall at 6'ft with a good physique , not too bulky nor too lean.
He had black eyes that matched his black hairs , Gulaab's brother was handsome. 

"Yes Akhii!"
She was soon following him outside while carelessly setting her blue chiffon duppatta on her head , which was slipping continuously.
Dressed in a deep blue long shirt and straight cigratee pants, she looked beautiful as ever , and also modest.

~

In contrast with their effervescent family; another family that consisted of only three individuals were sitting on a huge dining table, the one's you see in movies , a spread of English breakfast was laid out , that was too much for only three people.

"Dad! You told me the elections are around the corner, so, I wanted to do some productive work for the village residents, this way we can gather more votes from them"
A deep voice suggested that belonged to Ebek awarkzai.
He looked lavish clad in a white simple shirt with midnight blue pants, his sleeves were rolled up , showcasing his bulky arms.
Shadman awarkzai nodded and took a bite of his cheese omelette.

"You're right son! I trust you with it"
With that being said they both finished up their breakfast they both left the house or a more appropriate word would be mansion.
A blonde women ; Natasha Awarkzai was left alone in the dining room.
She glanced at the space where her husband and son were sitting just now.
Letting out a cold sigh , she finished up her breakfast alone.
Their life seemed perfect to the outsiders but it wasn't!

~

Now in university she was strolling through the hallways to find her friends, Hania and Mawra.
Amaara was gone to take her first class, Gulaab and Amaara were in the same university and the same year but different departments.
Gulaab's major was fine arts while Amaara was a psychology student.
Taking a turn in the hallway , she collided messily with a wall.
Why's there a wall in the middle of the hallway?
But do walls have hands? No they don't!
Her eyes met the stormy brown one's, adorned with thick curled lashes.
She had never seen eyes as beautiful as the one's in front of her.
The said Brown eyes were gazing down at her in amusement ; or adoration ...
Just like when you look at a child.

"I'm sorry , I wasn't paying attention"
Gulaab said in a small voice that was pleasing to the stranger.

"I wasn't paying attention also miss..."
He paused as if asking Gulaab for her name.

"Gulaab..Gulaab Mukhtar"
She knew it wasn't a smart choice to give her name to a stranger but she was so entranced by the man in front of her.

"Miss Gulaab, you're the manifestation of a Gulaab indeed , I'm Guzman by the way"
Gulaab's Apple cheeks tinted pink as she glanced away from the man in front of her.
Guzman ...

Guzman couldn't help but keep oogling the pretty girl like a creep, he just couldn't help it.
She was indeed a Gulaab.

"Miss Gulaab apse mil kar bohat achaa laga , umeed hai ky hum phr milengy " it was nice meeting you, I hope we will meet again.
Guzman said with a warm smile , his prefect white teeth on display.
Gulaab smiled back and walked away, feeling her cheeks getting hot.

She soon found Marwa and Hania in a vacant room beside their English class.

~

Following day , Gulaab was in the parking waiting for Akhii.
He still wasn't there.
Huffing,  she looked around and her blue eyes caught the sight of a familiar face.
Guzman , the guy she collided with, in the morning.
He was leaning against a black Mercedes while talking on his phone.
As if feeling her stare on him , his eyes met hers.
Throwing a smile her way ; he waved.
On sue , Gulaab waved back too.
Soon, Azar was pulling up in front of her.
"Sorry beta , I'm a bit late"
Apologizing , his hand patted her head.

"It's okay Akhii"
Smiling brightly, she sat inside the car.
She stared at Guzman one last time as if beholding his image in her eyes.
Guzman stared back with unsaid emotions.

Another pair of dark orbs scrutinized the exchange between Gulaab and Guzman with despise.
The eyes belonged to Ebek awarkzai.

              _________________________

Unedited.
Vote , comment & Share x