Despairs

In front of my desk, it was clear. It was too late. I missed the target, at most some minor damage. A warning shot in fact. Did I miss subconsciously or on purpose, or did I just miss, I'll never know, but I did everything I could to stop this drama but now I have to face the consequences of my failure.

All for nothing.

I came out panting and headed for the containers, undone and knowing in advance the sad fate that awaited us.

I wanted to see my Dantinne again, captured a few days earlier after a heroic fight.

She was in a container, chained up, in the process of cryopreservation.

I found the containers imprisoning my friends and members of my tribe. Our tribe.

Fortunately, we had a market value beyond price. Most were spared but some disappeared.

With a claw, my friends came to me and we all hugged each other, brothers of misfortune and misunderstanding and victims of human greed.

With a blow of my claw I ripped open the containers and we freed our loved ones.

It was a happy reunion for most of us. Couples reformed, children reunited with their parents.

And me, I found my Dantinne.

We hugged each other. Happy to be together again but she was torn between rage, fury and sadness.

She was trembling from her dragon raptor body.

Something was wrong.

"Tell me..."

Our children... they took them... They left with our two eggs... to Earth... In the first ship that left....

A wave of sorrow rose from the ground and lifted me up and a groan of despair amplified by our dying world ...

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

They took everything from us!!!!!

I screamed!!!

INFERNO!!!!!!! Your grandchildren... The humans....

I felt his hatred, his fury being transmitted in me!!!!

Its destructive madness!

Suddenly volcanoes exploded all over the planet.

It was all over.

There was no more hope...

I knew ...

I knew what I still had to do!

I began to grow and my voice became thunder.

I began to roar with all my strength, then Dantinne, then Vicky, then her friends and all the animals also began to roar.