Little Little...

Mom said something about an observatory and a telescope and I'm supposed to have brothers and sisters somewhere. There'd be a hundred dragons there, too. I'd be happy if that was possible...

That comet, it's weird and I can't get it out of my head.

"Purr purr" Vicky was purring and took my mind off it. Everyone was looking at me.

I was at the small waterhole north of the base and a road overgrown with vegetation led to a broken grate, supported by two walls on either side. Two raptors were lying high on top of the 2 walls like fainting dogs looking at each other except they were looking at me. With the intense darkness, their eyes reflected like small lamps because of their night vision.

"Wow. Huah. Huah, Huah, Huah, Huah, Huah, Huah."

Fired the raptors to signal that they were ready and willing to die.

I was attached to them as a family now and I wasn't going to disappoint them.

I also managed, by concentrating and thinking about my two friends in heaven, to generate a shield on each of them. A slight blue aura was emitted from each raptor now.

I took a big breath of air and with a snap of my wings I was propelled into the air. Sunrise was near and the enemies were about to hunt.

I flew silently over the base and saw 10 Allosaurs at the eastern entrance to the base, at an open gate and railroad tracks, probably leading to a structure housing a now defunct gate.

Some, by instinct and with sharpened senses raised their heads.

There was a roar.

The raptors took advantage of the situation to infiltrate and jump on old metal containers and stay high, safe from fatal bites. Seven of them could have killed one Allosaur, but 10 Allosaurs...impossible. There were ten times as many, but they were hunted, stalked and eaten. Truly exterminated.

Without warning, I blew on the group of allosaurs and there was carnage.

2 were badly burned, 2 others to a lesser extent and the group dispersed.

I turned around and came back in a low mound and the other 8 ran away from my flames.

They were all burned to varying degrees and fled when the raptors appeared in unknown numbers and crushed the necks of the 2 Allosaurs on the ground. Some, bolder, chased after the other two burned ones and scarred them forever, reminding them that this was the base of the raptors.

Whoa, whoa, whoa...

The raptors chuckled at their victory, but hungry, they tasted for the first time the flavor of cooked meat.

Soon only the sound of teeth and torn flesh and a few growls so that the eating jaws would not bite each other.

At the site of the Allosaurs, there was now a bony, meaty mush with bloody lizards. A bloodbath.

They were covered from head to tail in blood because they could literally enter the carcass because of the difference in size.

The raptors acted strangely afterwards and they all ran to a narrow place where only they could enter.