Sorrows

Lea and John got a call from Commander Yamato.

"John, Lea, our scanners indicate the shuttle has crashed. They must have encountered volcanic soot. "I'm picking up nothing as a distress signal until just now.

The soot cloud is magnetized and prevents any communication.

Take your Rover and head for the swamps. That's where we spotted the rescue ship.

This all-terrain vehicle is waterproof like a boat or submarine and is designed to operate in a vacuum or toxic atmosphere

This all-terrain vehicle is waterproof like a boat or submarine and is designed to operate in a vacuum or toxic atmosphere. It can be used to rescue unfortunate people, resist aggressive animal attacks and much more. An all-terrain vehicle par excellence, reliable, light and foldable.

Foot on the floor John was screaming into the microphone that gave into the children's helmet.

I could hear the voice, but all I could hear and know how to answer was grunting.

Morse code signals were also sent but I didn't know what to do.

We had to take cover, the other predators were coming and although my flames would have got the better of them, I didn't want to risk the life of one of my companions.

We were animals after all... It was only because I wanted to, that we brought help to the humans.

It was a race and I could already hear the territorial grunts and attack warnings typical of predators.

EVA Rover: We're coming, are the children safe?

No response. That was not normal.

Commander? Rover to Resolute?

Zdiek: No nothing on our side, we saw a column of animals rushing around the ship and then they went back east, towards the harbour area, the docks but the plume of the volcano prevents us from seeing anything. I'm sorry, Lieutenant Robin, but everything rests on your shoulders. "

His voice hinted at the worst.

Zdiek turned to Yamato and said, "Shall I tell them?????"

Yamato said, "No, there are times when saying something is useless... Let them blow up their anger."

Zdiek: "Any luck?"

Yamato: "We've detected blood in large quantities and on the animals. They must have been predators. This planet is a lot more dangerous than it looks. It's as if all the wildlife has been studied and designed to devour humans."

Zdiek: "Weapons?"

Yamato: "I know Lieutenant John Robinson is an outstanding soldier and he will do whatever it takes. I know he's a great soldier and he's going to do what he needs to do. I know he's going to print the weapons and ammunition that he's going to try to get. Knowing him well, he will try to make a weapon and they might hurt themselves or someone else or the predator might turn on him and kill him. We've had enough death for one day. Then they walked away, and went to mourn the children they cherished as if they were their own. Mankind had just lost its elite."

John got to the ship quickly, but the cockpit was already completely sunk in mud. He rushed inside the ship, which was now on its side, his head stuck in the mud and the huge nozzles came out. It wasn't that badly damaged, but it would need serious repairs.

John: "No... no no no no no no, not that! Not that!"

The airlock had been sheared off and you could still see the claw marks. Mostly claw marks and blood coming out of the cockpit.

Lots of marks on the ground.

Huge and numerous tracks.

He came out, his face white, his feet as if leaded and making a strange grimace as he looked at Léa who had her hand over her mouth and tears ready to explode.