HUNTING & FISHING

I was following the river, which flowed into a bigger one. Bears were fishing and they ran away at the sight of me. It was fun to see black and red balls running when they saw me coming.

HAHAHA, that was my only distraction, to scare away the game. But it was also to see which direction they were running in.

That way, the next time I came by, I'd cut off their retreat and Catch! a prey to eat.

I was tough, though. Killing to eat...

Feeling the life going out of my mouth. I used to love animals and killing them made me sad.

What if I breed them??? No, I'll get attached and I'll be even harder.

No, hunting is fair play, they have a chance to run away and I have a chance to eat and then it keeps me busy.

I had a sudden desire for warmth and the beach and the sea. Maybe seafood, seaweed and big fish? Sushi? I once found seeds spicy like mustard and decided to make a skin satchel. After 2 days of hunting, preparation and failed do-it-yourself, I managed to make a Cro-Magnon bag, no, a cro-dragon bag!

I stuffed the seeds in it and I had the head of the sushi.

Tuna, and a big one. BLAM, I pulled one out of the sea and it had to be within 2 meters. MIAM MIAM I did. and I prepared it and dried some parts and some parts I folded the fillets together, put some seaweed and seeds in the middle and I had a kind of wasabi wave sushi. It was delicious but I started moaning in loneliness and remembered my human life, which I used to criticize all the time but in the end now that I think back I wasn't so bad.

I was dying to play... I couldn't have animal friends or tame anything. If there were wolves... or dogs...

I wanted to talk but only growls and squeaks came out and I wanted to whistle and a flute sound came out!

I immediately tried a musical tune and it worked!

I started to whistle and the best place was the ravines where I could hear the echoes and hear myself a little. How I missed the music.

Then I made a very big fire and around it was a lot of food to cook and smoke. I had settled on a small mountain with hot, steaming lakes at the base and a view of the sea. There the clouds were pushed back by the wind and you could see the stars and the 2 moons... I was not on earth...

My fire could be seen dozens of kilometres away, maybe stars?

I built an ocarina and started playing music at night. The fire protected me from reckless predators and comforted me. Its gentle warmth reminded me of the open fire at home and Christmas.

From time to time I would throw pine cones to make it crackle and watch the little flaming ashes spread.

I had an idea. I saw a piece of wood with a little bit of grease, especially from the birds, they burn well. And I went up to spend the time with the bladder lanterns and with the hot air, they flew away and I had fun watching them fly away with the wind.

It was my only hobby.

A small cave accumulated the heat from the fire and at the bottom of the hot springs. I loved to wallow in it and go from a mud bath to a hot spring. It relaxed me.

I built myself a smokehouse, and went to the pottery to store the spices and try to make a pot, but it failed every time. And when I put it on the fire, it would break or get soft. You can't improvise pottery.

A year went by and finally I had my technique for making a pot. I dreamed of French fries!

After a month, finally I had a shit oil with shit roots to make shit French fries.