Chapter 20. Death by falling out of a tree..

"Alex! run!" Taylor yelled frantically as she began running in circles flapping her arms around.

Déjà vu?

Yeah, I'm getting that feeling too.

"Come on!" I grabbed her arm and we tore through the woods, branches slapping us in the face and twigs and leaves nipping at our feet.

"Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god, oh my god!" She shrieked and suddenly zoomed past me, leaving me behind.

I came to a stop and lowered my paintball gun.

"Taylor! Get your ass back here!" I yelled, stomping my foot. Childish I know.

Yes, we are playing paintball. Hunger Games style, everyone looks out for themselves, and the last one standing is the winner. The plan was that Taylor and I would take out everyone else, then go one on one, but as you can see, the minute she saw Will raise his gun in our direction, she totally bolted.

Leaving me behind.

I heard a twig snap and I whirled around, raised my gun and shot two times in the same direction.

"Aw hell!" I heard and grinned when I saw Aiden with blue and yellow spots of paint on his vest.

"Whoop!" I happy danced as Aiden continued to glare at me teasingly then raised his gun and shot at my arm!

"Ow!" I shrieked and clutched the spot he hit. "You dipshit! your already out! You can't shoot me!"

He shrugged an grinned evilly "My bad."

I narrowed my eyes and raised my gun to shoot him back but before I could, he ran back into the woods, laughing manically.

"What a freak." I muttered, turning around and continuing to run through the woods in search of Taylor but then realized that if I sneak up on her, she'll react like a startled gazelle and run off and/or shoot me in the face.

And if you've paint balled before, you'd know that, that is not something you'd want to happen, especially in the face.

Deciding to go solo, I turned and quickly ran in the opposite direction, counting the amount of people that have been eliminated.

Aiden, Hayley, Jenna, Josh and Xavier.

People left were Taylor, Colton, Will, Aaron, and me of course. After my talk with Colton I realized that he was right, I hadn't been spending time with Taylor, or Jenna for that matter.

And the guys brought paint ball guns and vests so why not?

I groaned as I heard yells and laughs coming close from behind me and since Taylor and I were the last girls, they were all guys and they were probably faster than me and would catch me if I ran.

So what's a girl to do?

She climbs a tree.

I tucked my paintball gun inside my jacket and continued to make my way up the tree, branch by branch, I climbed up to the top and hid behind the leaves. Waiting. Plotting.

From the corner of my eye I could see two figures jogging and laughing, it was Will and Aaron.

"We went down this path twice, Where is everyone?" Will frowned.

Aaron shrugged "I don't know, Taylor's probably with Josh somewhere-" I tuned them out as I smirked as I thought about how I was right and how I was going to look into that later.. Also, how funny it is that even boys gossip at times. "-And Colton is probably off fucking around with Alex." Both boys snickered and my jaw dropped.