Chapter 4. I'm the 'new girl'

Well here I am..

I stared at the airport that was going to take me to my new 'home' in Florida.

And if your wondering, No, no my parents did not personally come to drop me off, they arranged for a chauffeur to drop me off.

Taylor and I already said our goodbyes she cried but I didn't and believe me I wanted to but I haven't cried in 5 years, I wasn't going to start now.

"We are now boarding plane 51 to Florida." A flight attendant called over the intercom sounding around the airport.

I put all my things in the conveyor belt and boarded the plane.

I sat down in my seat which was in first class by the way and luckily no one was seated next to me so I was by myself.

I pulled out my iPhone and connected my headphones and began listening to music when I got a text.

'GOD I MISS YOU ALREADY!' - Taylor

I smiled softly and sent her a text back

'I know who wouldn't miss me? Im awesome' -Alex

'Ew whatever shut up you loser' -Taylor

This is basically what it was like on my flight to Florida, just back and forth texting Taylor.

I have to pee..

I stood up and walked to the bathroom and did my business. I walked back to my seat an began to think about how much my life is really going to change I mean I have to go to a new school, make new friends, deal with being the 'new girl' ..well the 'old new girl" will anyone even recognize me? What will Colton be like?

Colton..

I made it to my seat and frowned when I saw someone beat me to it.

"Your in my seat." I tapped the guys shoulder and saw that he was well muscled, tall and had dark brown shaggy hair. All in all, he was cute.

He finally acknowledged me and a small frown formed on his face. "Oh sorry, my ticket said this was my seat but maybe there was a mix up, I.. you know what? I will move." he got up but I stopped him.

"No it's fine, sit" I patted the seat next to me and he sat down again, but next to me. I smiled at him.

He seemed cute, in a shy, timid way. He was different than the arrogant guys I was used to.

"So what's you name?" I have a friendly smile.

"Xavier. You?" he smiled back.

"Alex."

"Nice.. so Alex what brings you to California?" he asked.

"My parents think that shipping me off will better my behavior." I rolled my eyes and he laughed.

"Funny." he chuckled.

I smirked, "Thank you I know"

"Don't get cocky now." he raised a brow and I shook my head chuckling.

"What about you?"

"What about me?" he questioned frowning.

"Why are you on this flying hell hole to Florida?" I asked.

"Oh! right! well I was visiting California and now I'm just heading back." he smiled.

"Oh cool so tell me about yourself." I wanted to know more about him he seemed nice.

"Whoa, Alex, look I like you but I'm not interested that way-"

"Shut up and answer the question!" I rolled my eyes. I knew he didn't like me like that and I didn't like him like that either I just genuinely wanted to get to know him better.