Chapter 24. Fatal Flaws

"So you love me or something?" I blurted out bluntly.

Jax chuckled before smirking cockily. "Don't flatter yourself sweets, I just wanted a kiss from you one last time."

"This is the last time?" At first I didn't realize my voice sounded a little disappointed but Jax did.

"You want for there to be more?"

I snorted, "Don't flatter yourself sweets."

"Seriously though, what's your problem?" I crossed my arms.

"Me kissing you is a problem?" He cocked a brow.

"Yes."

"Why?"

"Because it is."

"Why?"

"You know why."

"I don't."

"You do."

"Enlighten me."

"It's wrong."

"Why?"

I sighed exasperatedly.

All these fucking questions. When really there's only one question he's been asking me. Why?

I don't fucking know why.

Yes you do.

I bit my lip. "That was you at my house? My first night here?"

He smirked, "Yup." He popped the P.

His smirk was so similar to Colton's. They were brothers so of course they have a few similarities like their eyes and facial structure.

But their smirk. It was so similar. Now I was beginning to think that Colton learnt it from Jax.

"What's your deal Jax?" I demanded, crossing my arms.

"I think you know."

So he does have a thing for me then.

"I don't date." I stated.

"Neither do I." Jax's eyes shown amusement.

"So what do you want from me?" I finally asked.

"To fuck."

So he doesn't have feelings for me.

I studied his serious expression before bursting into chuckles.

"Why didn't you just say so?"

He cocked a brow. "So we're going to fuck?"

I laughed. "No."

He frowned slightly but shrugged. "Let me know if you change your mind."

We walked back to the beach where the party was raging. I saw a bunch of familiar faces but none from the group of us that we're hanging before everyone showed up.

Jax went to join his friends and I was just looking for anyone I could find.

Finally I caught site of Xavier, who was sitting with a group that were doing body shots.

"Where is everyone?" I asked him.

He bit his lip in thought and looked around through narrowed eyes before gesturing over to someone who was making out with a girl against a big boulder, his hands roaming all over her body.