Chapter 28. "Nothing like extremely deathly bad you know?"

My eyes fluttered open to the sound of a slow constant beep and white ceiling.

What the fuck?

It hit me suddenly and it hurt like a bitch. The headache I mean.

"Fuck." I croaked put and attempted to clutch at my head but when I lifted my arm to do so I felt subtle pain not only in my arm where I noticed an IV was hooked but also in my stomach. Now, this wasn't exactly a stomachache. I felt like my insides were on fire.

I started coughing hysterically now feeling the burn in my throat and chest.

The beeping picked up rapidly and the doors flew open as a nurse rushed in and grabbed at my arm.

"Please miss, calm down if you keep breathing this way you run the risk of pa-"

"No! Get the fuck off me!" I thrashed and yanked my arm from her grip.

The beeping hadn't slowed down and I could feel my eyes coming in and out of focus.

"Alex! Calm down please." I heard a familiar voice but I couldn't stop. I kept thrashing and wriggling. I didn't even see it coming but I felt someone's hand come down on my cheek.

I froze and could only focus on the beeping of the machine by my side slowing down significantly.

Once I was finally calm my had came up to rest on the spot where I had been slapped.

My eyes narrowed at the tall brunette.

"Taylor. Fucking. Swift. Did you just smack me?" I seethed out in a harsh whisper considering my throat still felt as if it had been run over.

She winced but nodded.

The nurse sighed and began checking the IV bags and my arm, writing things down every once in a while, while Taylor and I waited in silence.

"What happened?" I groaned out, clutching my throat.

"Overdose and abuse of drugs. We had to flush your stomach." The nurse answered and my eyes widened.

"Was I conscience?" I asked.

The nurse nodded. "Of course. We wouldn't have been able to do it if you weren't."

"I don't remember any of it though." I frowned slightly

"Well considering you were fucking high as a kite during it I wouldn't expect you too." Taylor snapped and I winced.

"Lower your fucking voice." I muttered.

"The doctor is coming in soon to discuss other matters with you two. Until then Taylor your welcome to stay in the room with Miss Fox." She nodded and then walked out.

"Do you understand what I am feeling right now?" Taylor snapped.

"Considering a tube was shoved down my throat to empty the contents of my stomach I'm betting I feel worse so stop complaining." I shot back.

"Fuck you, Alex." She shook her head. "Why the fuck would you take ecstasy and alcohol? You understand you could have died right? You understand that your lucky I found you when I did?"

I stayed silent as she kept going.

"God Alex I didn't want for this to happen. Please tell me who the fuck gave you drugs." She sighed.

I swallowed, again feeling the burn but even worse than that, the guilt.

I can't imagine how scared and pissed I'd be if I found Taylor the way she had found me.