My Childhood Player

Copyright ©

All Rights Reserved.

~*~

~9 years ago~

"Move!" Someone shoved me and I fell on the ground. I looked up to find Jimmy, a mean bully.

"Gimme that!" He snatched my lollipop and was about to unwrap it and thats when I began to cry. Then someone snatch the lollipop from Jimmy's hand and push Jimmy to the ground as well.

"Your not supposed to hurt girls." The boy lectured him.

The person turned to me And smiled, "Here," He held out the candy for me and I took it as he held my hand and pulled me off the ground.

"I'm Colton." he introduced I wiped my tears and gave a shy smile.

"I'm Alexandra." I greeted back and he grinned while putting his finger on his chin in a thinking way.

"I'm gonna call you Alex." he stated.

"Ok." I shrugged Colton took my hand and led me to the playground so we could play.

And from then on I knew we were going to be best friends.

~5 years later~

"Alex!" I heard from behind me and I didn't exactly have time to turn because someone was tackling me from behind and we both fell to the ground.

I looked up and found my best friend grinning down at me.

"What's up?" I grunted.

"The sky." was his reply to which I had to roll my eyes.

"Get off." I muttered and he rested his head on my shoulder.

"Nah. I'm comfortable." he said.

"Move!" I shoved him and he grinned, "Nope." he popped the 'p'.

"What do you want?" I sighed.

"Say that I'm your best friend and that you love me... And that you'll give me five bucks." He added quickly.

I groaned. "Colton. Your my best friend and I love you..." He raised a brow, "And I'll give you five buck." he got off me a satisfied smirk etched on his face.

He held his hand out, "Give me my money." He commanded and I sighed and pulled out five bucks from my pocket and took out a pen and wrote the letters A and C on it in cursive.

"What are you doing?" He asked curiously.

"Well I'm marking it so I will know if I ever come across this bill again." I explained and his lips formed an O.

"A&C?" He asked.

"It stands for Alex and Colton."

He smiled, "Cool." and he grabbed the money from my hands.

"Colton, Lets play football!" A guy whose name I forgot waved him over.

"Gotta go." Colton said.

"Oh. Oh so your cheating on me with that guy over there?" I joked.

He grinned, "Trust me Alex we will always be best friends." he said and I couldn't help but believe every word.

But then again it's pretty hard to believe we would be best friends forever when deep down inside I knew that it wasn't true.

I knew that it wasn't true because I was moving to California in a few weeks.

~4 years after that (present)~