Chapter 29. You defiant little shit

Ring..

Don't back out, Alex.

Ring..

It's only Jax.

Ring...

Damn, maybe he's not even going to pick up.

Ring..

He probably doesn't want to talk to me. Who could blame him? I did blurt out his business to Colton and on top of that I got him sent to a hospital.

Ring...

Maybe this isn't such a good idea.

My breath hitched at the stop of the ringing.

"The voicemail box you are trying to reach is current-"

I ended the call.

I sighed in relief and gently fell back against the wall of my bathroom.

Ring...

My head snapped down to look at the phone in my hand. Mom.

I bit my lip and declined the call.

What are you doing Alex? Worrying about a problem that can be easily fixed? Either call him and talk or forget this ever happened.

That's what I would have told myself a year, or even few months ago. Back when I was far more naive to people's feelings. Now, I feel like I.. Owe him a call? No. More like he deserves an explanation. Though it is Jax, chances are he won't give a damn about my apologies or what I have to say.

I chuckled, throwing my phone on the bed.

I feel kinda stupid for trying to talk to him anyway. I can face that problem when I get back home.

I paused, "Fuck." When had I started referring to Florida as my home? Home is where my friends are.. Well friend. Best friend to be exact. Taylor was my closest friend, the sister I never had. Before, wherever Taylor was, that was my home. And Taylor is here, in California.

Jenna, Josh, Xavier, Hayley, and.. Colton.

What were they? Jenna was who I considered to be my closest friend in Florida. Then came Josh who also took the title of being one of my Best Friend's. Xavier and Hayley were also a big part of my life in Florida. They'd been there when I didn't have anyone. Then there was Colton. My old best friend.

I scrunched up my nose. 'Old best friend' something about that just made me feel.. Weird. Old made it sound like I used him then left him for someone better.

Original. That's what Colton is. Colton was my original best friend.

**

As is promised to Taylor, we did talk to Olivia, and within the half hour that we'd talked to her I'd learnt that she has a few problems she needed to solve.

Well first off, she told us about how her dad has come back after having left Olivia and her mother for years. On top of this her boyfriend cheated on her with another.. Well.. Guy. To say Olivia was heartbroken was an understatement.