Chapter 27. Flashback. Flashbacks.

~4 years ago~

"He's so cute." I whispered to Colton, clutching the book in my hand closer to my chest as I bounced on the heels of my feet.

Colton cocked a brow and looked over to the new kid at school that I had a crush on and couldn't stop talking about. "Him? No, no Alex, you could do a lot better."

I chuckled. "You always say that but it's not true."

He shrugged. "I hear he's an asshole."

I frowned slightly. "Really?.."

"Yup." He popped the 'P'.

**

"Shit, did you want that?" Colton chuckled, faking an apologetic face.

I rolled my eyes, "No shit."

He flicked my nose. "Don't cuss. Doesn't work for you."

"Fuck off." I stuck my tongue out and he wiggled his eyebrows as his eyes followed a girl in our grade named Sabrina, who Colton was crushing on majorly.

He turned his attention back to me. "What did I just say about the cussing?"

I shrugged and tugged on his arm, dragging him to my next class.

We had all our classes together except for our last. Colton always walked me to my last class since it was on the way to his.

I squeaked as I tripped but didn't fall when a boy stuck his foot out in front of me.

"Watch it." Colton warned, shoving the boy who then shoved him back.

People were stopping to turn and look as a possible fight was about to break out.

"Stop, please stop." I tugged on Colton's arm.

He rolled his his eyes but grabbed my hand, dragging me away form the scene.

We walked in silence to our last classes and when it came time for us to part ways he finally spoke.

"Alex I'm going to have to bail on our movie night." He winced and I frowned.

Movie night is our tradition. Every Friday we go to either his house or mine and we pull an all nighter and watch movies and eat junk food and just hang out. It didn't start off that way though. Both our parents are never around on weekends so when we were younger my parents would send me over to Colton's house and there his babysitter would watch us for the weekend. Which eventually evolved into movie night now that we're older and we don't need a babysitter. We'd still spend the weekends at each other's house' though.

It was tradition.

I hadn't spoken yet. Just stared at him waiting for an explanation.

"Sabrina and I are going to the movies to watch that new horror movie tonight." He smiled apologetically.

I nodded and pouted.

"I'm going to be all alone." I sighed dramatically.

He threw an arm over my shoulder, "It's only tonight. We've still got the whole weekend kid.. And the weekend after that and the weekend after that."

"I know, and I'm happy that your finally dating Sabrina. Took you long enough." I snickered.

His smirk dropped to a lazy smile and he shrugged. "Just wanted to see if this other girl I know had a thing for me or not."