Chapter 19. It poured out faster and messier than a girl on her period.

I was pacing up and down the hallway in front of Hayley's room picturing what I was going to say, how I was going to say it, and how it was all going to go down. So far there's two different pictures that have crossed my mind, One, a fight. Two, we become soul sisters and buy matching jumpsuits.

Neither were appealing to me.

I grunted and opened the door and walked into Hayley's room to find her on her laptop.

When she looked up at me I saw her facial features drop a little.

"I think there's a mistake? Colton's room is upstairs." She said uneasily, closing her laptop and sitting up to face me fully.

I shook my head but frowned once I realized she automatically assumed I was looking for Colton.

"I actually came here to apologize but before any of that, why do you think I would be looking for Colton?" I asked, crossing my arms, leaning against the door frame.

"Sorry, I thought you guys had a thing for each other? You can come in by the way." Hayley leaned against the bed headboard and patted the empty space next to her, motioning me to come over which only made me feel an ounce more of guiltiness because even though I'd been a total bitch to her, she was still being decent with me.

I sat on the bed next to her with my legs spread out across me. Silence followed as neither one of us could really form words and after pondering different types of way to start this off and none of them seeming to work, I decided to just let go and everything poured out faster and messier than a girl on her period.

Hayley just sat there listening intently to my every word and when I finally finished all she did was nod and smile.

"It's fine Alex, I understand why you said what you did, you didn't know the whole story, and you were looking out for Xavier, with that being said, I'm sorry for kissing Colton, and if it's any consolation, I told Xavier what happened." I cocked a brow at the last part.

"You did? When?"

"Maybe an hour ago now? He was more sad then anything and it killed me when all he did was walk away from me." I nodded, remembering the rest of Xavier and I's conversation.

"Y-you did?" I stuttered, dropping my rice crispy treat.

He grunted, roughly running a hand though his hair "The worst part is that she and Colton kissed! My best fucking friend and the girl I fucking love, kissed." He shook his head chuckling humorlessly.

"It wasn't all Hayley's fault"
I blurted as I thought back to Colton's words.

He glanced at me "No I guess not, we were broken up and it takes two to tango so I might as well go have a chat with Colton."

"Don't fight." I mumbled softly.

"I don't plan to but I can't make any promises." Was all Xavier said before walking back up the trail to the house.

"He seemed pretty pissed." I decided to throw in my two cents.

Her eyebrows raised "You guys talked?"

I nodded "Ran into him outside a while ago."

"Oh."

I pondered on whether I should ask my next question or not but decided fucking YOLO.

"Why did you and Colton kiss?"

There was a second or two of silence before she answered.