C H A P T E R 1 3 0

You were at yours and Tony’s shared room.

It's almost a month since the snap and there's still no word from Tony. Every time you close your eyes, you can't help but to think about him.

Lying on the bed, you felt that the building suddenly started shaking. You and the others ran outside the compound and to your surprise, a woman – Captain Marvel/Carol, is carrying a massive ship and lands on the empty field.

The entry hatch of the ship opened, and Tony and a woman more like a Cyborg – Nebula, walked out, Tony being supported by her.

Seeing Tony’s state made your heart break. Not wasting any second, you ran towards him. “T-Tony.” You cried.

Hugging you with all his strength, “It's okay.” He said, kissing your temple.

Words can't escape your mouth, Tony is so skinny, he has dark bags under his eyes, he's like a walking dead.

Steve and Rhodey helped Tony go to infirmary. Banner put an IV to Tony, as he requested, and sat in the living room area with the others.

At the table, a holographic casualty report shows the names and faces of those lost to the Decimation.

One of them is Peter.

“It's been 23 days since Thanos came to Earth.” Rhodey said, looking at the others.

Natasha doing the same, “World governments are in pieces. The parts that are still working are trying to take a census. And it looks like he did... he did exactly what he said he was gonna do. Thanos wiped out fifty percent, of all living creatures.” She said.

“Where is he now? Where?” Tony asked, sounding asphyxiated.

You sighed, ever since he was able to talk, Tony sounded angry and you know why is he like that.

While massaging your temple, you looked at him, “We don't know. He just opened a portal and walked through.”

“What's wrong with him?” Tony asked, pointing the sullen-looking Thor, who is sitting on a bench, and seemingly deep in thought.

“Oh, he's pissed. He thinks he failed. Which of course he did, but you know there's a lot of that's going around, ain't there?” Rocket answered with a crossed arms.

Tony looked amused, “Honestly, until this exact second, I thought you were a Build-A-Bear.”

“Maybe I am.” Rocket said, missing the sarcastic tone of Tony.

“We've been hunting Thanos for three weeks now. Deep Space scans, and satellites, and we got nothing.” Steve said, then he looked at Tony. “Tony, you fought him.”

“Who told you that?” Tony said, acting surprised, “I didn't fight him. No, he wiped my face with a planet while the Bleecker Street Magician gave away the store. That's what happened. There was no fight.”

“Okay.”

“He's unbeatable.”

“Did he give you any clues, any coordinates, anything?” Steve asked, seriousness were written all over his face.

“Pfft! I saw this coming a few years back. I had a vision. I didn't wanna believe it. Thought I was dreaming.” Tony sounded like he's picking a fight with the Captain, but knowing Steve, you know that he understands the situation and will only choose to pay attention on what they were talking.

“Tony, I'm gonna need you to focus.”

Starting to seethe, “And I needed you. As in past tense.” Tony said, pointing Steve angrily, “That trumps what you need. It's too late buddy. Sorry. You know what I need?” Tony stands, pushing things off the table with a clatter. Everyone, especially you, winces at the noise. “I need to shave. And I believe I remember telling all youse –”

Tony goes for Steve.

You and Rhodey quickly come in front of him, trying to stop him.

“Tony, Tony, Tony!” Both of you said, stopping him to lunge at Steve.

“Alive and otherwise what we needed was a suit of armor around the world! Remember that? Whether it impacted our precious freedoms or not- that's what we needed!” Tony exclaimed.

“Well, that didn't work out, did it?” Steve answered.

“I said, we'd lose. You said, We'll do that together too. And guess what, Cap? We lost. And you weren't there. But that's what we do, right? Our best work after the fact? We're the Avengers, we're the Avengers. Not the Prevengers.”

“Okay.” You said, almost fed up with these nonsense fighting.

“Right?”

“You made your point. Just sit down.” Rhodey said to him.

Tony nodded, “Okay...”

“Okay?”

“Nah, nah. Here's my point. You know what?”

“Tony, you're sick.” You said, and sounded exasperated.

“She's great, by the way.” Tony said, referring to Carol. You closed your eyes and let go of Tony. You made your distance and let Rhodey handle the angry Tony. You don't want to loose your cool.

“Sit down. Sit.” Rhodey said.

“We need you. You're new blood. Bunch of tired old mules!” Then, Tony walks right up to Steve's face, his voice hushing down to a venomous whisper, “I got nothing for you, Cap! I got no coordinates, no clues, no strategies, no options. Zero. Zip. Nada. No trust. Liar.”

You looked at Steve and he looks affected by Tony's words.

After a moment, Tony ripped his Arc Reactor from his chest and shoved it into Steve's hand. “Here, take this. You find him, and you put that on. You hide.”

Suddenly, Tony fell to the ground.

You were quickly by his side and everyone is starting to gather.

“Tony!” Steve said, worriedly.

“I'm fine. I –” Tony fell into a heap, unconscious.