C H A P T E R 1 3 8

Opening an umbrella, you, Nat, and Pietro walks down the ramp of the Quinjet.

"It's been a while since I went here." You breathed, now walking on the wet pavements.

"Is he really here?" Pietro asked, looking around the area.

"Well, see it yourself." Nat answered as the three of you turns in a dark alley.

"Mate! Tasukete kure! Omae ni nan demo yaru! Nani ga hosī?" you heard someone shouts, more like begging for his life.

"Wait, what?" Pietro mumbles, completely confused.

You rolled your eyes, "Wait! Help me! I'll give you anything! What do you want?" you said, "That's what he said."

The man standing in front of the begging man raises his katana as he answers, "What I want... You can't give me." He then thrusts the blade downwards into the kneeling man's stomach.

The body of the Japanese man falls to the ground. Ronin grabs the sword and wipes it on his gauntlet. As if he sensed that someone is behind him, he grabs his mask and slides it off his head, revealing himself as Clint Barton, who has gone on a rampage since the decimation.

He turns around and looks at the three of you, "You shouldn't be here."

"Neither should you." Nat said.

"I've got a job to do." Clint said, rain-water dripping down his face.

You knitted your eyebrows, "Is that what you're calling this? Killing all these people isn't gonna bring your family back." you said as Clint starts to look emotional, on the verge of crying. You sighed, "We found something. A chance, maybe..."

Now openly crying, Clint said, "Don't..."

"Don't what?" Nat asked.

"...don't give me hope."

You took a step towards him and holds his arm, "I'm sorry we couldn't give it to you sooner."

With just that Clint burst into tears, you and Nat quickly hug him tightly. "Come home with us." Nat said.

"We need you Clint." you said.

...

The Avengers are now back at the compound with Rocket, Nebula, and Scott Lang. You, Bruce, and Nebula are the one's who's assigned for creating the suit you're gonna use for the Time Traveling, whilst Tony and Rocket are the one's who's building the Time Machine.

Standing beside Rhodey and Steve, you're analyzing the suit that Scott is now wearing, that you and the others created.

"Time travel suit? Not bad." Rhodey said.

Response to Hulk touching the suit and something red in a glass tube, "Hey, hey, hey! Easy, easy!" Scott panicky said.

"I'm being very careful." Bruce answered him calmly.

"No, you're being very Hulky."

"I'm being careful."

Scott holds up the red glass bottles, "These are Pym Particles, alright? And ever since Hank Pym got snapped out of existence, this is it. This is what we have. We're not making any more."

"Hey shut it, ant-boy. Bruce is being gentle, there's no need for you to panic." You said and is slowly feeling annoyed by Scott's actions.

Scott sighs, "Sorry. We've got enough for one round trip each. That's it. No do-overs. Plus two test runs." He said, but before he can finish what he is saying, he suddenly shrinks and then grows back to his normal size. "One test run."

You and the others can't help but facepalm. "I just told you to stop panicking." you said, sighing deeply.

Scott said, "I- I'm sorry."

"Well, a sorry can't bring back that now wasted Pym particles, right?" You said and turns to leave. "I'm going to ready the machine for the testing. Just ready yourself, Lang."

Scott's lips formed a thin line, clearly embarrassed of what he did.

You and the others are now at the testing chamber. All of you are looking at Clint who's now standing at the machine, now wearing the Quantum Suit, to test if the time travel will work properly because Scott backed out at the last moment.

"Clint, now you're gonna feel a little discombobulated from the chronoshift. Don't worry about it." Bruce said, standing in front of the machine.

Clint nodded as he takes position on the platform.

Rhodey waves his hands, "Wai-Wait a second, let me ask you something. If we can do this, you know, go back in time, why don't we just find baby Thanos, you know, and..." He then makes a hand gesture suggesting that they strangle baby Thanos with a rope.

You closed your eyes and scratch the back of your head. "The hell..." you mumble.

Banner, who's looking disgusted, said, "First of all, that's horrible..."

In a tone that says it's what we're all thinking, Rhodey answered back, "It's Thanos."

"...And secondly, time doesn't work that way. Changing the past doesn't change the future."

"Look, we go back, we get the stones before Thanos gets them... Thanos doesn't have the stones. Problem solved." Scott suggested.

"Bingo." Clint said agreeing with Scott.

"That's not how it works." Nebula said as she shakes her head no.

"Well, that's what I heard." Clint said.

Your face can't describe what your head wants to say. You don't know if you want to laugh or what, "What!? By who? Who told you that?" you asked.

Counting with his fingers, Rhodey said, "Star Trek, Terminator, TimeCop, Time After Time-"

"Quantum Leap-" Scott added.

"A Wrinkle in Time, Somewhere in Time-" Rhodey continues.

"Hot Tub Time Machine-" Scott added again.

"Hot Tub Time Machine." Rhodey said, pointing Scott as if he said a really good example of a time machine movie concept, "Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure. Basically, any movie that deals with time travel." Rhodey finished.

"Die Hard? No, it's not one..." Scott followed, still thinking of any movies with time travel concept.

Looking like he's won the argument, Rhodey said, "This is known."

"I don't know why everyone believes that, but that isn't true. Think about it: If you travel to the past, that past becomes your future. And your former present becomes the past. Which can't now be changed by your new future..." Bruce explains.

Nebula said, "Exactly." whilst you are just nodding your head.

Scott knitted his eyebrows, "So... Back To The Future's a bunch of bullshit?"

You shook your head and gestures to Banner.

Banner nodded and turns to Clint, "Alright, Clint. We're going in 3... 2... 1!"