C H A P T E R 8 2

Stark won the discussion, you, Banner and him were already working together for experimenting the synthetic body.

"This framework is not compatible." You said to them.

"The genetic coding tower's at ninety-seven percent. You have got to upload that schematic in the next three minutes." Bruce said, checking the cradle if the hose were connected to it correctly.

Just then, Steve and the twins turn up at the lab, "I'm gonna say this once." Steve said.

"How about nonce?" Tony shouted back at him.

"Shut it down!" Steve exclaimed.

"Nope, not gonna happen." You said to him.

"You don't know what you're doing." Steve said to you. You look at him, offended.

"And you do? She's not in your head?" Bruce asked him, slightly getting angry.

Wanda steps in, "I know you're angry."

"Oh, we're way past that. I could choke the life out of you and never change a shade." Bruce said to her.

"Banner, after everything that's happened..." Steve starts to reason but you interjected, "That's nothing compared to what's coming!"

"You don't know what's in there!" Wanda shouted at you.

"This isn't a game..." Steve followed.

Tony, Bruce, Steve and Wanda continue to argue when you notice Pietro slightly running out of patience, "Don't you dare!" you shouted on him but the kid uses his speed to destroy the lab equipment.

"No, no. Go on. You were saying?" He said to you, suddenly Clint shoots a bullet below, caused the glass Pietro is standing smashed and he falls through.

"Pietro!" Wanda shouted and ran towards where Pietro fell.

Then your computer beeps, indicating that the cradle lost it power. "I'm rerouting the upload." You said then turns to face your monitors when Steve throws his shield towards you and you luckily dodge it. Thanks to your instincts.

"SEROIUSLY?!" you shouted in anger. Your hands glows and walk towards Wanda who is starting to glow her hand too.

As if all of you were ready to fight and as a defense, Bruce lock Wanda between his arms, "Go ahead, piss me off." He said to her, but she didn't listen and throw Bruce backwards using her powers. You were about to hit her when Thor enters the room and pounds the cradle with his hammer, sending a powerful bolt of lightning to it.

You were just standing and couldn't move because of shock. After a few seconds of giving the cradle an extreme electricity, the cradle exploded and the android inside it came into life. You watch it in awe, but suddenly it attacked Thor. Thor dodged it and throws the android away from the team.

Steve was the first to move and about to attack the android when Thor stopped him, "Wait!"

The android changed his color and slowly gets down while you and the team walk towards him.

"I'm sorry, that was...odd." the android said, and as to your shock it sounded like JARVIS. "Thank you." It said to Thor, then a cape appeared at its back.

"Thor, you helped create this?" Steve asked Thor.

"I've had a vision. A whirlpool that sucks in all hope of life and at its center is that." Thor explained as he points the gem inside the android's head.

"What, the gem?" You asked him.

"It's the Mind Stone. It's one of the six Infinity Stones, the greatest power in the universe, unparalleled in its destructive capabilities." Thor explained once again.

"Then why would you bring it to..." Steve said and Thor rudely cuts him, "Because Stark is right."

"Oh, it's definitely the end times." Bruce mumbled.

"The Avengers cannot defeat Ultron." Thor said.

"Not alone." The android followed.

"Why does your "vision" sound like JARVIS?" Steve asked again.

"We...we reconfigured JARVIS' matrix to create something new." Tony explained to the team.

"I think I've had my fill of new." Steve commented.

"You think I'm a child of Ultron?" the android asked.

"You're not?" Steve asked it.

"I'm not Ultron. I'm not JARVIS. I am...I am." The android said.

"I looked in your head and saw annihilation." Wanda said to it.

"Look again." It said back to her.

Clint chuckled, "Yeah. Her seal of approval means jack to me."

"Their powers, the horrors in our heads, Ultron himself, they all came from the Mind Stone, and they're nothing compared to what it can unleash. But with it on our side..." Thor said.

"Is it?" Steve asked, then he looks at the android, "Are you? On our side?"

"I don't think it's that simple." It answered.

"Well it better get real simple real soon." Clint said.

The space between you guys were getting smaller as you all get comfortable to talk to the android.

"I am on the side of life. Ultron isn't, he will end it all."

"What's he waiting for?" Tony asked the android.

"You." Is its answer.

"Where?" Bruce asked.

"Sokovia. He's got Nat there too." Clint answered, Nat gave him the Morse code that he needed to track her.

"If we're wrong about you, if you're the monster that Ultron made you to be..." you said to the android with a warning tone.

"What will you do?" He asked you, then he looks at all of you realizing that you and the team will not hesitate to destroy him. It starts to walk away from you and starts to talk again, "I don't want to kill Ultron. He's unique, and he's in pain. But that pain will roll over the earth, so he must be destroyed. Every form he's built, every trace of his presence on the net, we have to act now. And not one of us can do it without the others." He stopped between Steve and Thor, "Maybe I am a monster. I don't think I'd know if I were one. I'm not what you are, and not what you intended." He said, you sighed and realize what he's going through. The android turns its back to you, "So there may be no way to make you trust me. But we need to go." And an unexpected happened, he holds up Thor's hammer and hands it to him, then walks off and everyone stares in shock, including you.

"Right." Thor said awkwardly, then pats Tony on the shoulder, "Well done."