C H A P T E R 3 4

Out in the Atlantic Ocean, Tony, in his Iron Man suit, is cutting a Pipeline Transport with a laser cutter coming from his hand. He then places a Stark Energy Reactor. As it lights up, he rockets out of the water and flies towards STARK Tower.

You and him have been busy for weeks because of this Tower. You have planned about this a long time ago and now, you and Tony were the ones creating it.

“You're good on this end. The rest is up to you.” He said on the line.

“You disconnected the transition lines? Are we off the grid?” you said as you connect your camera into his suit.

“Stark Tower is about to become a beacon of self-sustaining clean energy.”

“Wow. So maybe our reactor takes over and it actually works?” you sarcastically said.

“I assume. Light her up.” He said not minding what you just said.

You switch it on and the Tower’s light turns on up to the STARK sign. “How does it look?” you asked him.

“Like Christmas, but with more... me.”

“Gotta go wider on the public awareness campaign. We need to do some press. I can help Pepper do some more tomorrow. I'm working on the zoning for the next billboards.” You told him.

“(y/n), you're killing me. Remember? Enjoy the moment.”

“Then get in here and I will.” You said with a teasing tone.

Tony arrives at yours and his skyscraper penthouse and is in the process of taking off his suit through a hi-tech gauntlet of gadgets.

“Sir, miss, Agent Coulson of SHIELD is on the line.” JARVIS informed you.

“I'm not in. I'm actually out.” Tony said to the AI.

“Sir, I'm afraid he's insisting.” JARVIS said.

“Close the line Jarvis. I got a date.”

You groaned in annoyance, “I told them not to disturb me while I'm on a leave. They always do that.” You exclaimed. You got a month of vacation after the Captain America incident in the middle of New York. After getting the approval from Fury about your vacation, you cut all the lines connecting to SHEILD so that they cannot bother you while doing things with Tony. *wink* And I guess that works because they needed Coulson now to deliver you the message.

You stares up at the monitors of the reactor device. “Levels are holding steady... I think.”

“Of course they are, I was directly involved. Which brings me to my next question: how does it feel to be a genius?” he said as he went to your side and kiss your cheeks.

You turn and face him, “I don't know, ask yourself.” You said sarcastically.

He frowns, “What do you mean? All this came from you.” He said, putting his hands on your waist.

“No. All this came from that.” You said as you points his reactor.

“Give yourself some credit, please.” He said, as he pulled you more closer to him and you wrap your arms around his neck and smile. “Stark Tower is your baby. Give yourself... twelve percent of the credit.”

You retreat your hands from his neck and frowns, “Twelve percent?”

“An argument can be made for fifteen.” He said.

“Twelve percent? For my baby?” you scoffs and walk towards the living area.

“Well, I did do all the heavy lifting. Literally, I lifted the heavy things. And sorry, but the security snafu? That was on you.”