C H A P T E R 4 2

"Why taking so long?" you mumbled as you look outside, waiting for, well, Iron Man to rescue you?

"Not long and after this, the Earth will be mine." Loki laughs.

"Yeah, goodluck, you want to rule Earth? The planet with hardheaded people? Really, goodluck Mr. Loki." You scoffed.

Just then, before Loki answers you, the Iron Man suit arrives at Stark Tower's Penthouse. The suit landed and revealed Tony as his suit dismantle while he walks. "Baby, are you okay?" He asked thru coms but he is looking at you and you just nodded, not wanting to draw the attention of Loki. Tony smiled, a weak one as he enters the room. He casually walks down the steps, towards the bar.

"Please tell me you're going to appeal to my humanity." Loki said, his back were facing you.

"Uh... actually, I'm planning to threaten you." Tony said, casually.

Loki pointed the place where the suit dismantled, "You should have left your armor on for that."

"Yeah, it's seen a bit of mileage. You've got the blue stick of destiny." Tony said, Loki looks at the scepter and smile. "And also, my girlfriend."

You raised an eyebrow, unamused, "Ex-girlfriend." you corrected.

Loki glanced at you then he grins at Tony who have a hurt look on his face. Tony quickly changes his hurt look and talks with Loki again, "Would you like a drink?"

"Stalling me won't change anything." Loki told him, still grinning.

"No, no, no! Threatening. No drink? You sure? I'm having one."

Loki walks toward the window and looks up in to the sky, "The Chitauri are coming, nothing will change that." He turns to you then to Tony, "What have I to fear?"

Tony opens the bottle you just opened earlier, "THE AVENGERS." He told Loki who has a confused look, "It's what we call ourselves, sort of like a team. 'EARTH'S MIGHTIEST HEROES' type of thing." Tony explained.

"Yes, I've met them." Loki smiles, sarcastically.

Tony smiled, "Yeah, takes us a while to get any traction, I'll give you that one. But, let's do a head count here. Your brother, the demi-God." Loki looks away, annoyed, and tighten his grip to the scepter as Tony continue talking, "A super soldier, a living legend who kind of lives up to the legend; a man with breath-taking anger management issues." He then looks at you, "my ex-girlfriend there with a big brain" He said, looking smug and you just rolled your eyes, "A couple of master assassins, and you, big fella, you've managed to piss off every single one of them."

"That was the plan." Loki told him.

"Not a great plan. When they come, and they will, they'll come for you." From underneath the bar table, Tony pulls on Colantotte Bracelets, a device for the suit to recognize who will wear it.

"I have an army." Loki said, confidently.

"We have a HULK." Tony said, as he walks down from the bar towards Loki.

"I thought the beast had wandered off."

"You're missing the point. There's no throne, there is no version of this, where you come out on top. Maybe your army comes and maybe it's too much for us, but it's all on you. Because if we can't protect the Earth, you can be damned well sure we'll avenge it." Tony said and took a sip of his drink.

Loki slowly walks up to him and raised the scepter towards Tony's chest, "How will your friends have time for me, when they're so busy fighting you?" He said then taps Tony on the chest with his scepter. PING! Nothing.

You smirked and stand up from your seat, walking towards the elevator to escape Loki.

Confused, Loki tries it again. PING! NOTHING. "It should work." He said.

"Well, performance issues. You know?" Tony said, as he make-face. In anger, Loki grabs Tony by the throat and flings him across the room, making you stop from escaping. "Jarvis. Anytime now." Tony said, grunting from pain.

Loki grabs Tony by the throat again. "You will all fall before me."

Tony looks at you before Loki throws him out of the window.

"Tony!" you shouted, as you ran towards the window where Loki throws him.

Loki looks at you, brows frowning, confused on why are you standing. "Where do you think you're going?!" He angrily said. He's about to go at your place when a red pod hits him, knocking him down. You ran outside the Penthouse, where Tony dismantled his suit, and looks down for Tony. Luckily the Mark VII successfully engulf him and flies up before he hits the ground or the gazing people.

Loki, who is already standing up, looks at you angrily. Tony stopped in the air, facing Loki, "And there's one other person you pissed off! His name was Phil."

Loki raises the scepter, planning to hit Tony but he quickly fires at Loki, sending him on his ass. Tony immediately went to your place and lands in your front, taking off his helmet, "Are you hurt? Did he do something to you?" He asked, worriedly.

You shook your head and hugs him at the neck, "Don't do that stupid thing again. I thought you'll die."

He gently hugs you back and kisses your forehead, "I thought you're my ex-girlfriend now?"

"Shut up." You said, breaking the hug. "Let's leave the tower, we need to evacuate the people around here."

"You're right." He said. He looks at you and he quickly peck your lips and put on his helmet again. Before you can say anything he lifts you and brought you at the bottom of the tower and leaves you by yourself.

You shook your head, "Stark will always be a Stark."

Just then a blue energy, which is The Tesseract's energy, beams into the sky. The beam then forms a vortex, which then opens up another portal. Then a unknown creatures, the Chitauri, spills out in flying chariots, carrying energy rifles with a bayonet on the end.

"Right. Army." You said, looking up into the sky like the people around you as you realize what Loki meant.

"(y/n), are you there?" Clint speaks thru coms.

"Clint! Oh my God. You're back!" you exclaimed.

"Yes, he is. Where are you?" Nat said.

"At the bottom of Stark Tower. Where are you guys?"

You look up to the sky again and hundreds of Chitauri flies towards the city. You're just watching it until a loud explosion near you happened, you realized that you and your friends were now on a war with aliens and a God.

"Do something, (y/n)." you said to yourself. You looked at your surroundings and some of the people were running and some were still watching. "Hey! Just don't stand there! Go somewhere safe!" you shouted to them.