C H A P T E R 1 2 5

Your team didn't waste any time. You flew to Wakanda and now currently getting off the Quinjet. You were on the other side of Bruce while Rhodey’s on the other one.

Bruce eyebrows were knitted as he look at you, “Should we bow?” he asked, still not believing that the Avengers has a King on their side.

You glanced at Rhodey and he’s smirking at you. You know, you need to be a little playful sometimes and Bruce is the best choice to tease right now. “Yeah, he's a king.” You nodded as you answered him.

“Seems like I'm always thanking you for something.” Steve said while shaking T’Challa’s hand.

Steve stepped aside and you, Bruce and Rhodey walked side by side to greet T’Challa. As soon as the three of you stopped at T’Challa’s front, Bruce bows awkwardly at him.

You pursed your lips to stop yourself from laughing. Rhodey looked at Bruce acting like he's shocked that Bruce did that, “What are you doing?”

“Uh, we don't do that here.” T’Challa said, dissuading Bruce with a motion of his hand.

Bruce shoots you then Rhodey a look. You shrugged then looked at T’Challa and offered your hand for a shake. He smiles warmly at you and shook your hand. “So how big of an assault can we expect?”

Your group begins to walk back into the administrative building when Bruce answered T’Challa’s question, “Uh, sir, I think you can expect quite a big assault.”

“How we looking?” Nat asked the king.

“You will have my Kingsguard, the Border Tribe, the Dora Milaje, and...” T’Challa answered and stopped talking when Bucky shown himself to the group, walking towards Steve with a smile plastered on his face. “A semi-stable, 100-year-old man.” Bucky finished.

You watched as the two friends shared a hug, “How you been, Buck?”

“Uh, not bad, for the end of the world.” Bucky joked.

You walked towards him and raised an eyebrow, “Then I guess there's really no chance that I can tour you to Las Vegas.”

He ripped his gaze at Steve and looked you, “Well, then I have no choice! Let's finish those bastards so we can start touring Vegas!” He said, laughing at his own answer.

You chuckled and hugged him, “I missed you, old man.”

He gladly hugged you back, “Yeah, I can tell that.”

After a while, all of you were on your way to Shuri’s lab. You looked at the place and thought about Tony. You know that Tony would love to see the king’s palace and the lab if he was there with you. You took a deep breath and focused on your way to the lab.

Natasha noticed the look on your face and tapped you on the shoulder. You looked at her absent mindedly “Hmm?”

She frowned, “Are you alright?”

“Yeah! Just… thinking about Tony. I'm worried.”

You know from the look on her eyes that she's pitying you. She held your hand and squeezed it, “He's gonna be okay. He's Tony after all.”

You nodded and gave her a lip tight smile.

The group were now inside Shuri’s lab. Vision is now lying on the examination table while Shuri scans the Mind Stone with her kimoyo beads, showing a hologram of the stone and is projected over her palm.

The technology of Wakanda never failed to amaze you. Every time you were there, you learnt a lot.

One time you asked T’Challa if they can give you a good amount of Vibranium, of course in exchange if good amount of money too. They turned down the offer, saying that no amount of money can match Vibranium, but you were a good friend to their nation and of their King so that they gave you a small portion of it as a token of your friendship.

You accepted it, of course, and you used it for your suit. So, your Nano-tech suit has a Vibranium on it.

You snapped out of your thought when you heard Shuri. “Whoa. The structure is polymorphic.” She said, studying the hologram of the stone.

Bruce looked at her and he confidently said, “Right, we had to attach each neuron non-sequentially.”

Shuri looked at him funnily, “Why didn't you just reprogram the synapses to work collectively?”

You opened you mouth to say something but then changed your mind afterwards. You haven't thought about it. Well, you're not the expert! It's Bruce!

Bruce looked uncertain to what he will answer, “Because, we didn't think of it?”

Shuri smiled reassuringly on him, “I'm sure you did your best.”

You focused your gaze at Bruce and he looked like he was humiliated by the teenager in his front. You cleared your throat to lessen the awkward ambiance and looked at Shuri, “So, can you do it?”

She looked at you and nodded, “Yes, but there are more than two trillion neurons here. One misalignment could cause a cascade of circuit failures.” She explained then she looked at T’Challa, “It will take time, brother.”

“How long?” Steve asked, brows were frowning.

“As long as you can give me.” Shuri answered.

You crossed your arms and bit your lower lip while looking at the stone on Vision’s head. “There's no much time.” You thought.

You were thinking of another way to fasten the removal of the stone without hurting Vision but then interrupted by Okoye’s slightly panicked voice, “Something's entered the atmosphere.”

“Hey, Cap, we got a situation here.” Sam said thru coms. Him, Bucky and Rhodey were outside the facility with their suits on.

You walked towards the window and witnessed how the  defense shield over the Golden City destroyed one of the alien vessels after it slammed into the field at full attack acceleration.

Your mouth falls open in awe as Bucky commented, “God, I love this place.”

“Yeah, don't start celebrating yet, guys. We got more incoming outside the dome.” Rhodey chimed in watching three more ships burn through the sky.

You saw how the shock waves and debris from the ship landings destroyed acres of forest and boiled up against the dome. You silently thanked Shuri for picking an excellent view of the outside.

Though all of you feel tensed, you looked at your Captain and gave him a nod. You know there's no turning back now.

You have to face them.

Struggling to sit up and slide off the exam table, Vision said, “It's too late. We need to destroy the stone now.”

Nat quickly moved towards him, “Vision, get your ass back on the table.”

“We will hold them off.” T’Challa said as he, Okoye and the guards head for the door.

“Wanda, as soon as the stone's out of his head... you blow it to hell.” Steve told Wanda.

She looked at him and nodded, “I will.”

“Shuri, you think you need help?” you asked her.

She shook her head, and now starting the procedure to Vision, “I can handle this. Help my brother, the longer you hold them the better.”

You nodded in understanding, “I'm counting on you kid.” You said, then you looked at Wanda then to Vision with a worried expression, “Everything’s gonna be okay.”

Wanda nodded. You turned your back at them and proceeds to exit the lab with Pietro on your side. “Nervous?” He asked you.

You looked at him with a smirk on your face, “Am I?”

He chuckled as the two of you walked past T’Challa who is currently  giving orders to his soldiers, “Evacuate the city. Engage all defense procedures.” He stopped for a while before turning to point Steve, “And get this man a shield.”