C H A P T E R 2 6

Happy being over protective at you he didn't let you to be near the house for the whole night. He told Barton aka Morse to get you to a much safer place which he gladly obeyed.

When Barton say safe it means SHEILD. Yeah, he bought you to SHEILD headquarters which is a really good idea. You can do your Lithium Superoxide to help Tony.

After being awake all night, you finally finished creating it. “Finally!” you exclaimed.

“I'm assuming, you already finished it.” Fury said, appearing from nowhere.

“Yes!”

“Good. Now, I need you and that thing. I think it's time for Tony to know you're one of us.”

“Even Nat and Clint?”

“Yes, they're already waiting at the car for us.”

“Okay, just give me a minute.”

@Randy Donuts

You, Natasha and Clint were all at the corner of the shop waiting to be summon by Fury. Your place were enough for you not to be noticed by one of the most observant person you've know.

“I don't know why am I even here. We're not that close. I mean he's not the one I'm watching.” Clint said as he sip his coffee.

Your gaze immediately fell on him, brows frowning, “Excuse me?”

He looked shocked and avoided eye contact with you, “I shouldn't have said that.”

“Damn right! That old man still doesn't trust me.” You said in disbelief. “He always think I'll do something stupid.”

“It's not like that, (y/n). He trust you. Believe me.” Nat said, smiling a little bit.

“If you say so.” You chuckled.

“I need to go there now, be ready.” Nat said. She stand up and walk towards Fury and Tony.

You noticed the lines creeping on Tony's neck and you know from it's look, it's bad and needed to be fixed as soon as possible. Lithium Superoxide isn't the cure that Tony needs, it will just slowdown the spreading of the poison.

It seems like you've been in a deep thought until Natasha shakes you enough to come back to reality. “(y/n), are you listening? I said it's time.”

“Yeah, sorry. Got a little distracted.” You said as you readied yourself. You took a deep breath and looks at Nat. “Do I really have to do this? I mean, you can do it yourself, why me?”

“Stop asking questions, just do it.”

“Hmp, fine.”

You with Natasha at your side walk towards Fury and Tony. “Contrary to your belief, you are not the center of my universe. I have bigger problems than you in the southwest region to deal with.” Fury said, that's distracting Tony so you took that opportunity to inject the Lithium Superoxide at him.

Tony flinches, “Oh, God, are gonna steal my kidney and sell it?” he said as you lift his chin up and sees if the lines disappeared, IT WORKS! “Could you please not do anything awful for five seconds?” he rub the place where you put the injection and that's when he realize who he is talking to. He looked at you and his eyes widen in realization. “(y/n)?”

“That's me.” You deadpanned. You're pissed, really pissed.

“What are you wearing? Are you- are you like this Romanoff?”

You crossed your arms and sit beside him, “Yes.”

Sensing your anger, Tony dismissed the topic which you can talk about later and face Fury again, “What did she just do to me?”

“What did we just do for you? That’s lithium superoxide. It’s gonna take the edge off. We’re trying to get you back to work.” Fury said to him.

“Give me a couple of boxes of that. I’ll be right as rain.” Tony said.

“It’s not a fucking cure, Tony. It just abates the symptoms.” You snapped.

“Doesn’t look like it’s gonna be an easy fix.” Fury said.

“Trust me, I know. I’m good at this stuff. I’ve been looking for a suitable replacement for palladium. I’ve tried every combination, every permutation of every known element.” Tony explained.

“Well, I’m here to tell you, you haven’t tried them all.” Fury said.

“And if you told me about your fucking condition this will not happen. What do you think you're doing, huh?”

“Agent (last name), me and Agent Romanoff will go now. Stick to the schedule, we need you back at the headquarters.” Fury said as he and Natasha stand up.

You nodded and stand up also, “Okay. I'll try my best not to punch him.”

Both of them chuckled and turns to leave, “Don't stop yourself, it's okay.” Natasha said.

“What was that?” Tony asked.

Your gaze fell on him, showing that you're really pissed, “Don't what was that me Tony.” You said as you sit opposite him.

“Look, I'm sorry. I'm really planning to tell you about it-”

“When? When you're already dead? Is this a joke to you? You could die! I could help you! Keeping it a secret doesn't help!”

“I know, I just realized it. I'm sorry.”

“That's the reason why you want to give the position at me, that's why you want to travel, cancel the party, wearing shirts while sparring and even sleeping, drinking chlorophyll, you really think I will not notice? What a fucking asshole.”

“I know you're really pissed-”

“I am!”

“But that's not helping-”

“Tony, shut up with your fucking jokes.” You hissed.

“When did you learned about chemistry? It's not your forte.”

“What do you think I'm doing for the past fucking days? I'm studying palladium!”

“When- when did you know?”

“After the incident with Ivan Vanco.”

“How did you know about him? His name? We haven't talk about him yet!”

“Don't you fucking raise your voice on me! I'm the only one who is only allowed to be angry in this conversation! And you fucking think that I'm stupid, Tony? I have my ways! And you kept that fucking condition from me for months! What will happen if I didn't know huh? You'll be lying dead and that's on me! Because I can help you! You're the only one left in me! I hate you. I fucking hate you.” You shouted, not even minding the looks that the few customers giving you and that left Tony speechless, “Go back to the compound, Fury will meet you there.” You deadpanned, you stand up and left him dumbfounded.

I just can't let you die, Tony.