C H A P T E R 9 2

"Where is he?" you asked Nat.

"In his room." She answered.

You nodded and walk towards Steve's room. You gently knock on his door as you peak your head slightly to see him. You see him wipe away the tears before sitting at the edge of his bed. "May I come in?" you ask him.

"Yeah, sure." He said.

You slowly walk towards him, "Are you okay?" you asked, even though you know he's not.

"Peggy... she's-" Steve didn't finished his sentence as he burst out in tears.

"Oh, Steve." You said, you hug him gently and he hugs you back, crying on your chest.

@London, United Kingdom

You were currently at a cathedral, packed with mourners. The choir is singing while Steve and other men carries a coffin draped with the Union Jack.

You look at Steve and noticed that his eyes are red as tears were falling down from it.

As they put the coffin of Peggy down the aisle, Steve sat down beside you. You look at him and rub his back, telling him everything will be alright.

"And now, I would like to invite Sharon Carter to come up and say a few words." Said the priest.

Then Agent 13, as you know, steps up to the podium.

"Margaret Carter was known to most as a founder of SHIELD, but I just knew her as Aunt Peggy. She had a photograph in her office. Aunt Peggy standing next to JFK. As a kid, that was pretty cool. But it was a lot to live up to. Which is why I never told anyone we were related." She said, then she looks at your direction then to Steve, "I asked her once how she managed to master diplomacy and espionage in a time when no one wanted to see a woman succeed at either. And she said, compromise where you can. But where you can't, don't. Even if everyone is telling you that something wrong is something right. Even if the whole world is telling you to move it is your duty to plant yourself like a tree, look them in they eye and say No, you move."

Later, you were walking with Sam outside the church when Nat asked you if she can talk with Steve alone.

"Do you know who else signed the accords?" Sam asked you.

You shrug as you look at him, "As far as I know, Vision, Rhodes and Tony will sign it."

He stopped walking and looks at you, "Okay, let's change the topic. How are you and Tony? It's been a month."

You smile at him and answers, "We already talked. We agreed to talk about it after we fixed the problem about the accords. I know that if me and Tony were together again and this accords is still on our way... there's a possibility that we were going on a huge fight again since both of us were on the different sides."

Sam just nodded and continue walking, you follow him. "I am very amaze on how you handle things like this. If I were on your place, I don't know what will I do." He said.

"Well, it does require a high IQ." You joked.

He chuckles as he looks at you, "I'm offended." He said, then you see Nat walking towards you.

"I need to go to Vienna." She said.

"For what?" you asked.

"It's for the signing of the accords. Do you want to come?"

"Sure but I'll see Steve first." You said.

She nodded and points the church, "Okay, then. He's still inside."

"I'll go in there. I'll meet you on the jet." You said. You walk inside the church and sees Steve standing alone in the isle, still dressed in black.

He begins to speak without any introduction, "When I came out of the ice, I thought everyone I had known was gone. Then I found out that she was alive. I was just lucky to have her."

"She had you back, too." You said.

"Will you sign?"

"No." you answer.

"But Tony and Rhodes signed. Even Vision and Nat."

You nodded and sighs, "Just because it's the path of least resistance doesn't mean it's the wrong path. Nat told me that staying together is more important than how we stay together. I'm still trying to convince myself though, but she's got a point."

"What are we giving up to do it?" He asked you, and you just sigh. He shakes his head, unconvinced too. "I'm sorry, (Y/N). I can't sign it too."

"I know." You said, then you noticed on his eyes that he feels alone. "Steve, you don't need to feel alone. I'm always here for you." Then, you pulls him in for a hug. "Come here."