C H A P T E R 5 7

You woke up at a room, tied up, wearing a sports bra and a yoga pants only. "Where the hell am I?" You look at your surroundings, "FRIDAY. FRIDAY, where am I? Answer me!" You whispered.

"Finally, the sleeping beauty is already awake. It really took a lifetime." Killian said, walking slowly towards you.

Trying to escape again, you growl, "I'll kill you."

He smirks, "I'm afraid you can't."

You smirked back at him, "Oh, I can. Try me."

"Well, that really can't happen, you were tied up, (y/n)." He said, touching your face.

"LET. ME. GO!" you hissed.

"Not so fast, darling." He said, then he looks at the man behind him and gestures his head to you. "You know the drill."

The man behind him, holding a case, walks towards you.

You frown at him, then looks at Killian, "What the hell will you do?"

"Just a little gift for you and I know you'll love it."

The man, who is holding a case, stopped at the table beside you. He puts down the case and opens it. Revealing pointy things, like an injector. "This will hurt a little, but we know you can handle it."

"What is that?!" You exclaimed, terrified of what will happen.

The man didn't speak, he holds one of the injectors and your head on the other hand, making a space to reveal your neck. He slowly pushed the injector at your neck, sending a very painful wave to your whole body, quickly. You shout in pain while the people, including Killian, watches you as the Extremis, flows into your veins.

Meanwhile...

Tony, wearing a black jacket, a backpack, and a gloves, enters the house where you were held. FRIDAY notified JARVIS on where you are and JARVIS told Tony.

Tony entered the house without making any loud noise successfully and met Trevor aka the Mandarin. Tony learns that Trevor was just an actor and not the real Mandarin, he was still talking with Trevor when James Dale, Killian's Extremis-powered henchman, knocked him out.

Tony woke up, tied up too. Like you, he tried to escape then he sees Maya, sitting in front of the computers. "Ah... okay..."

Maya looks at him, "It's just like old times, huh?"

"Oh, yeah. With zip ties. It's a ball."

"It wasn't my idea." She casually told him.

He looks at her, "Okay. So you took Killian's card."

"I took his money."

"And here you are 13 years later, in a dungeon."

"No." She said.

"Yeah." Tony answered back.

"No, you're in a dungeon. I'm free to go."

"Yeah?" Tony said, looking away at her.

Maya sighs and walk towards him, "A lot has happened, Tony. But I'm close. EXTREMIS is practically stabilized."

"I'm telling you it isn't." Tony exclaimed, "I'm on the street. People are going bang. They're painting the walls. Maya, you're kidding yourself."

"Then help me fix it." She said, showing Tony his old name tag with the formula of Extremis he made for Maya back at Switzerland thirteen years ago.

"Did I do that?" Tony asked her, looking at the card.

"Yes."

"I remember the night, not the morning." He told her, "Is this what you've been chasing around?"

"You don't remember?" She asked, not believing what he just told her.

"I can't help you. You used to have a moral psychology. You used to have ideals. You wanted to help people. Now look at you. I get to wake up every morning with someone who still has their soul." He said, looking deeply at Maya, "Get me out of here. Come on."

"You know what my old man used to say to me?" Killian appeared form nowhere, "One of his favorite of many sayings... The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese."

"You're not still pissed off about the Switzerland thing, are you?" Tony asked Killian as he reached the bottom of the stairs and puts down the case he is holding.

He smiled and walk towards Tony, "How can I be pissed at you, Tony? I'm here to thank you. You gave me the greatest gift that anybody's ever given me. Desperation. If you think back to Switzerland, you said you'd meet me on the rooftop, right? Well, for the first 20 minutes, I actually thought you'd show up. And the next hour... I considered taking that one-step shortcut to the lobby. If you know what I mean."

"Honestly, I'm still trying to figure out what happened to the first mouse." Tony answered him, casually.

"But as I looked out over that city, nobody knew I was there, nobody could see me, no one was even looking. I had a thought that would guide me for years to come. Anonymity, Tony. Thanks to you, it's been my mantra ever since. Right? You simply rule from behind the scenes. Because the second you give evil a face, a bin Laden, a Gaddafi, a Mandarin, you hand the people a target."

"You're something else."

Already back at the place where the case is, "You have met him, I assume?" Killian said, while he opens the case.

"Yes. Sir Laurence Oblivier."

"I know he's a little over the top sometimes. It's not entirely my fault. He has a tenden..." Killian explains, "He's a stage actor. They say his Lear was the toast of Croydon, wherever that is. Anyway, the point is, ever since that big dude with the hammer fell out of the sky, subtlety has kind of had its day."

"What's next for you in your world?" Tony asked him.

"Well, I wanted to repay you the selfsame gift that you so graciously imparted to me." Killian shows Tony the orbs, the one he shows you at the Stark Industries, and throws it at the floor and let it roll until it all stopped in the middle, he clicked the remote and reveals a hologram of you, still grunting from pain. "Desperation." Tony looked away, hurt that he can't do anything to stop your pain, "Now, this is live. I'm not sure if you can tell, but at this moment the body is trying to decide whether to accept extremis or just give up. And if it gives up, I have to say, the detonation is quite spectacular. But until that point, it's really just a lot of pain." Killian clicks the remote and went at Tony's front and choke him, "We haven't even talked salary yet. What kind of perk package are you thinking of?"

"Let him go." Maya said, holding an injector.

"Hold on, hold on. Maya." Killian said as he lets go of Tony.

Putting the injector at her neck, "I said, let him go." She said.

"What are you doing?"

"1200 CCs. A dose half of this size, I'm dead."

"It's times like this my temper is tested somewhat." Killian said to Tony, then he looks back at Maya, "Maya, give me the injector."

"If I die, Killian, what happens to your soldiers? What happens to your product?" She said, backing little by little.

"We're not doing this, okay?" Killian said, trying to be calm.

"What happens to you? What happens if you go too hot?" She continued.

Killian looks at Tony and sighed, he then raised his gun and shoots Maya. "The good news is, a high-level position has just been vacated."

Tony looks at Maya, who is already lying dead, "You are a maniac." He said to Killian.

Killian walks away from him and exits the room, "No, I'm a visionary. But I do own a maniac. And he takes the stage tonight."