XXX

"Two words! Therapy sucks!" Kat yelled as she stormed into the room, slamming the door open.

She threw her backpack on the floor.

"I mean, I like Dr Vega, I really do. She seems like a nice lady and she always wears the coolest pants suits but all that talk about my 'unspoken' feelings and my stored up anger and finding 'healthy' outlets and - what's wrong with you?" Kate stopped ranting when she saw me on the floor, sitting with my legs pulled up to my chest.

I gulped when I looked up at her.

"Close the door." I whispered.

She closed the door behind her and looked at me in confusion

"You're not having some weird PTSD reaction to your attack, are you?" She asked bluntly.

I looked at her.

Wasn't therapy supposed to be making her more empathetic?

"Because that's ridiculous. You do know they're like six ripped soldiers out there standing guard for you, right?"

She didn't even stop to listen to me before she continued speaking.

"You will not believe how everyone at school was talking about your little run in with trouble. I think it'should amazing publicity. When you go back to school on Monday, you will come off as a survivor. I can see it now, 'the luna faces the enemy and wins'."

I don't even know how the story of the attack had made it to the people at school. As far as I was concerned, all the candidates had been sent home.

But of course they had gotten the entire narrative wrong.

The luna wasn't brave and fearless. She had been afraid out of her mind and this close to peeing her pants.

But funnily enough, almost getting killed by Van Cliffe wolves was the least of my worries right now.

I sucked in a deep breath. "Kat." I called out her name, grabbing her attention.

I held out my phone to her.

"What is it? Do you have pictures? Because if so, I definitely want to see them."

She walked towards me excitedly and took the phone.

Her brows rose when she read the message.

She scoffed.

"Who the hell sent you this? Do you have a stalker or something? Because you know, one word to alpha Tristan and whoever it is is dead meat."

"It's from Roman." I told her in a low voice.

Her eyes widened at me. "What?"

I nodded at her.

She looked back at the message.

"He - what? How do you know?"

I sucked in a deep breath before getting up and taking the phone case from the drawer.

I showed it to her.

She furrowed her brows in confusion as I pointed to the patch.

"I don't get it." She spoke. "What -"

I quickly put my finger on my lips before throwing the cover back in the drawer and pushing her into the bathroom of our room.

"Did you see that round black thing?" I asked in a whisper.

I didn't know how good the microphone on that thing was but I wasn't ready to take any chances.

Kat nodded, still looking confused.