Dan One Shot for Dayana (PretendItIsOkay/twitter)

"Can we go now?" My friend whines at me.

I laugh and roll my eyes at her: "Dude, we've in this store for like what? 2 minutes?! I gotta find myself a new guitar, so shut up and help!"

"Nah, I'll be over there waiting," she says, vaguely signaling her hand towards some other stores. "Don't be too long!"

"Okay!" I call out to her.

I roam around the shop alone, admiring all the guitars, trying to find one that I like. Then one finally catches my eye- a guitar put on its stand in the corner of the store- looks like it's the only one left.

I quickly dash over to it, reaching to try it out, but a large hand reaches it a second before me.

"Um, sorry, but this is mine," I say, looking up, instantly taken back by a boy around my age with sandy brown hair and glistening brown eyes staring back at me.

The boy smirks, "Actually babe, this is mine." He says, trying to take the guitar away from me.

"But I saw it first!" I moan, slightly frustrated.

I see his expression change, and a smile creeps up on his face. I stare at him confused and unamused, tightening my grip on the guitar's neck.

"You have a good taste in choosing guitars," the boy grins at me, his voice soft and delicate.

Now I smirk and wink at him, "Flattering will get you nowhere. Please just let me have this guitar!"

"Nope," he says firmly, his smile growing wider.

I sigh, but still standing my ground. "Guess we'll just stand here then."

"Sure, I have time!" He chirps.

A few minutes of awkward silence passes, before the boy speaks up again.

"Seeing as we'll be here a while, I'm Dan," he says, smiling his hypnotising smile.

"Dayana," I smile, trying not to give into his cute smile and perfect face.

Dan starts a conversation, "So! What brings you here?"

"Well I thought it was about time I get a new guitar. I saw this guitar and just thought I had to have it, but some boy beat me to it and won't let me buy it," I look into his eyes, smiling innocently.

"Well maybe that boy's glad he stopped you," he chuckles.

I smile at the ground, feeling my cheeks flush. "Maybe he is?"

He sniggers slightly and I keep my eyes trailed onto the floor as we enter another silence.

"How about a game of 20 questions? Get to know each other a bit better since we're both stuck here both refusing to move," Dan suggests, making my head perk up to stare into his eyes again.

We start off our little game, throwing simple impersonal questions around; having a laugh at one another, our eyes locked the entire time.

"My turn!" Dan exclaims cheerfully. "Do you...have a boyfriend?"

I stumble for words, surprised at his sudden change of question topic. I shake my head in answer to his question.

"Well I think you're too amazing not to have one," he flashes his award winning grin again, this time making me feel light-headed. I return a smile in return, speechless.

Catching me off guard, he quickly takes the guitar and holds it behind his back.

"Shit," I mumble under my breath. I must've given into his cuteness.

Dan laughs as I struggle to get myself around his strong built body to get to the guitar.

"If you want to see this guitar again, you'll meet me at the restaurant just down the road from here, 7 tonight,"

"Is this your twisted way of asking me on a date?"

He laughs again. "Nah, it's more blackmail," he winks.

I pout at him, "fine, I'll see you then Dan." We wave goodbye as he pays for the guitar and heads out the door.

Suddenly, I see my friend get up from peering through the glass door.

She approaches me with raised eyebrows.

"What you creeper?" I say playfully.

"So that's why you took so long...You were flirting with some cutie," she nudges me in the arm.

I feel my cheeks turn red again, and I start to fill her in with the details as we head home so I could get ready for the night.

Walking into the restaurant, I see Dan all suited up, sitting at an elegant small table for two.

"Hey," I say, approaching the table.

He turns around and his face lights up immediately. "Dayana! You made it!"

I giggle and take a seat.

He pulls a single rose from his lap. "Here, this is for you."

"Thanks," I smile at his cute gesture.

We order our food and kickstart our conversation to get to know each other better.

Our dinner draws close to an end and he takes the guitar from this afternoon out from under the table.

I let out a little laugh; I'd forgotten about it through his adorableness.

He offers to take me home after the amazing dinner, both of us sure we'll be having many dates ahead.