Micky One Shot for Atiqah (Tiqahxo/wattpad)

“I’m home Micky!” I chirp happily as I walk into the living room after a tough day of trying to comfort a mate. I smile at the sight of my boyfriend sitting on the couch, blessed to have him in my life.

He doesn’t move, or look up at me- his eyes fixed on his phone screen in his tight grasp.

“Mick? Are you alright?”

He clenches his jaw, shooting an angry look at me.

“You cheated on me,” he says in an almost inaudible voice.

“Wh-what?! I would never, you know that,” I reassure him, unsure what he even meant.

He rolls his eyes at me, standing up and shoving his phone in my face to read- a magazine article about me. This has always been the worst thing about dating Micky- having tabloids continuously tracking my every move to make up new stories…

“I didn’t, haven’t and never will cheat on you,” I smile at him, hoping he’d believe me.

“Then for what other reason might you be needing to hug and kiss him on the cheek like that! Because evidently it happened!” I can hear the anger in Micky’s tone, as he points at the pictures.

“He’s my best friend Micky! He and his girlfriend just broke up and all I was doing was being a good friend and comforting him damnit!!” I retort back, my anger matching his level, trying to fight back my tears.

“For a whole day?! You were out with him for a whole damn day!”

“Why don’t you trust me?!” I spit out, pissed he’s able to believe some stupid story the press made up.

“I-“

“Don’t try giving me some pathetic excuse now. I forgive you time and time again when you go off flirting with some girl, and you come back telling me some made up story saying nothing happened. But yet you don’t fucking believe me when I tell you the truth!” I shout angrily, throwing his phone back at him, with more force than expected.

Micky eyes at me with sadness and anger. I must’ve just gone overboard…

I break down crying, knowing I can’t take back half the things I just said; expecting him to leave the house dramatically.

Unable to take it, I rush to my bedroom without saying another word; snuggling myself into bed, sobbing quietly.

I’ve lost him. I think to myself.

We’ve had our arguments in the past, but we would always get over them, and as a result it would bond us together stronger. But just then, I know I took it too far. I could see it in his eyes.  He’ll never forgive me this time…

Just as I start drifting off to sleep, I feel a hand softly stroking my cheek.

My eyes flicker open to find Micky sitting on the edge of the bed, his eyes red and puffy…He’s been crying too…

“Atiqah, I’m so sorry for not trusting you,” he says quietly.

I crack a half smile at him. “I should be the one apologizing. I just- I don’t know- anger overcome me at the time, and I really regret saying what I did. I was so scared you would leave me…” I trail off, somewhat embarrassed. “Please stay.”

“Sure we’ve had our fights, but you’ve never left me when I was in the wrong, I’d never leave you Atiqah. I’ve loved you for so long, of course I’ll stay,” he smiles his cute smile, running his fingers through my brown hair. “And besides, you’re cute when you get mad,” he chuckles.

I giggle, playfully slapping him in the arm.

“I love you,” I whisper, my hand finding its way into his, our fingers fitting together perfectly.

“I love you more,” he says, pulling my head onto his lap as I let out a yawn, drifting asleep in his secure hold.

—————————————————————————————————————

A/N: Been having Swifty’s “Red” on repeat lately, so this one sort of reflects her song “Stay Stay Stay” :) x