Greg One Shot for Cali (best-party-ever-woooo/tumblr)

It’s amusing how quickly the weather can change. Virtually a second ago, it was still a nice sunshine-y day. I look out the window now, watching the rain clouds gather overhead in their silent approach.

‘Wow, what a sudden change in weather,’ my best friend Greg suddenly says beside me, turning my attention.

We’re at my house studying for our finals; or more like: distracting ourselves from study. We love spending time together, and every time we have a good laugh.

 “Remember when we were little, we would run out and play in the rain?” I ask him.

“And then we would be called in, and get a lecture on how we could easily catch a cold, that we shouldn’t ever do it again, but we do anyway,” we both laugh, reminiscing back to the times.

Both of us fall silent, watching the first few drops of rain fall outside, turning heavier with every blink of the eye.

Giggling, I get up and make my way to the front door. I open it and step outside under the overhang of the house, holding my hand out, feeling the cold drops of rain as they hit my palm.

“Cali! What are you doing! Get back inside! You’re going to catch a cold!” Greg mimics the voice of my dad.

I turn around, giving him a childish shake of the head, a cheeky smile, and step further out. I let the small pinpricks of raindrops hit me, slowly drenching my whole body.

“Stop being an idiot and get back inside, we got studying to do!” Greg laughs at me.

“No way!” I protest like a little kid. “Bare in mind you used to do this too when you were little, so watch who you call an idiot!” I smirk.

“But we have work to do!” He says again.

‘Fine, if you can catch me.’ I say simply.

I watch as Greg rolls his eyes at me, before stomping out into the rain, getting soaked immediately.

Seeing him approach me, I dance further away from him.

We end up playing a small game of tag. Weaving in and out of the trees that stand in my front yard, running from one end to another, as I try get away from Greg.

Suddenly two strong hands grab me from behind, tackling me onto the soft but wet grass.

“Caught me now have you?” I ask cheekily.

“I always catch you. Just like when we were little.” He replies with a smile.

He was right, this was just like when we were younger, we would jump and dance around in the rain, and it would slowly turn into a game of tag, and we would also end up getting into play fights which would end with him tackling me to the floor.

But this felt different. There’s something more between us, I can feel it.

I look deep into my best friend’s blue eyes, as he looks intently into mine. I feel his warm but wet body against mine; the butterflies in my stomach throw a party, my heart beating faster. All these years we haven’t thought of each other as anything more than friends, but it feels like it’s all about to change.

I watch his eyes as they study my face slowly, stopping at my lips.

He bites his bottom lip nervously, and slowly leans down.

“Greg…” I manage to say, before feeling his soft lips pressing onto mine.

The sparks fly instantly, and I deepen the kiss, running my fingers through his wet blonde hair, pulling his body closer.

The intensity of our kiss leaves us both almost breathless.

“I love you Cali,” He says softly.

“I love you too Greg,”

I smile shyly. I’ve always wanted that kiss in the rain with the perfect guy, and I think I’ve found him; he’s been here all along.