Micky One Shot for Grace (thereisloveforeverybody/tumblr)

I go for my morning walk along the bank of the river with hot coffee in my hands. The frost wind blew slightly but I was toasty warm hidden under a scarf. I tuck a stray strand of my black hair back into my beanie and take a sip of my coffee.

Barcelona is always this beautiful this time of year, the air calm, chill and-

My train of thought knocks off its rails as a boy with dark hair and dark eyes runs straight into me.

“Oof!” is all I can manage before my coffee goes flying.

I pick up the coffee cup and grip it tightly. I look up to glare at the boy but when my eyes met his apologetic ones, my heart flutters. He’s quite cute….

“I’m so sorry!” He cries.

I smile and shake my head,

“That’s fine,” I say quietly feeling shyness overcome me.

“I’m Micky,” he says introducing himself.

I nod shyly, “Grace”

“Nice to meet you Grace,”

His eyes trail down to the floor where the remains of my coffee lies.

“Im so sorry, would you like me to get you another?”

“Oh, no no that’s fi-“

“Please, I insist Grace”

I bite back a smile, ‘He’s trying to ask you out!’ a voice in my head screams but I shake my head at the thought. He’s just trying to be nice.

“Sure,” I say smiling back up at him.

We walk to the local coffee shop just around the corner. I learn quite a bit about him, he was in a boyband with his other 2 friends. They were here to promote their songs and soon an album.

“Why Barcelona?” I ask

“It’s beautiful here,” he says shrugging, “And I dont know how, but we actually have quite a few fans here in Barcelona,”

“Impressive,”

“It’s because the girls here are lovely,”

He chuckles and a smile lights up on his face. 

“And beautiful,” he adds quickly

From the corner of my eyes I see him sneak a glance towards me. My cheeks begin to heat up.

We grab our coffee and walk to a nearby park. The weather had gradually gotten colder but the heat from the coffee was warming and soothing.

“So is this your first time here?” I ask taking a sip.

“Yeah it is,” he says looking over the gorgeous scenery of Barcelona, “It’s nice here,”

“It is,” I agree smiling.

For a few minutes we say nothing but it in silence and enjoy the environment surrounding us. The children are happily running around in the park, the birds were chirping cheerily and even the swans in the lake are swimming around energetically.  

I was so lost in my thought that I didn’t even see that Micky had been watching me admire the city. I lock eyes with him and watch him study my face with such intensity.

“You’re very beautiful grace,” he whispers breaking the silence and I immediately turn pink. 

He lifts his finger and lightly graze my burning cheeks.

Millions of thoughts rush into my head all at the same time but I push them aside. Instead, i focus on the perfect boy in front of me who was slowly inching his face closer to mine. He leans in close to my ear.

“Would you like to go on a date with me sometime Grace?” he whispers.

I blush deeper and nod my head slightly, my heart racing with eagerness. With newfound confidence, I lean in and kiss him on the cheek. This could be the start of a perfect relationship.