Dan One Shot for Emma (enterthruthesun/tumblr)

<pre>"Finally!" I exclaim with relief.

My best friend Dan and I had just cleared the last party guest from Dan's Christmas party.

"Why do they always leave at 1am?" I sigh exasperated picking up a nearby red plastic cup.

"People like to party Emma!" Dan calls before leaving the room.

"People should learn to party earlier then" I call back.

Dan's laugh rings from the kitchen.

I sigh and continue to pick up more plastics cups and collect them in a huge garbage bag.

I lug the bag around the room and pick up a few beer cans here and there.

"Thanks by the way Emma" Dan says coming in the room with another garbage bag.

"No problem" I shrug. Although the only reason why I'm even here and not at home watching a movie is because I kinda, maybe, sort of, like Dan. Sure we've been best friends since we were in diapers and sure he may only see me as a little sister or whatever but I can't help but fall for those brown eyes and sandy brown hair.

I shake the thoughts from my head temporarily and continue to pick up another beer glass until I drag my garbage bag over a table. The table knocks over a few beer glasses, cans and plastic cups.

I shriek as the glass hits the floor.

Dan chuckles and walks over with a dust pan and brush.

"Crap, sorry." I sigh.

He laughs again.

"No worries. Still same old clumsy Emma aye?" He grins.

"The one and only" I say weakly.

"It's fine. I'll get this, can you just chuck the rest of the rubbish out? We're almost done anyway." He smiles up at me.

"Sure" I say relieved and pick up my bag and his bag. Heading out the door, I knock over another table, luckily it's wood and doesn't have anything on it.

"Bloody hell" I mutter rushing out of the room from embarrassment.

I throw the garbage bag onto the curb frustratedly.

Why am I always so clumsy. Dan's probably sick of it.

I sigh and head back into the room, mad at myself. Deep down though, I knew Dan would never hate me for being clumsy. He's even said once that he liked that about me since it was 'cute'. I remember I had flamed bright red but luckily he had only thought it was because I was embarrassed about being clumsy... but it was because he had called me cute.

I head back in the house still smiling. Sure, I liked Dan but he only thinks of me as a sister and nothing will ever change that.

I push the door in only to smack right into Dan. We fall backwards and I fall on top of him. My head is thrown forward and my lips smashes against his.

I snap my eyes wide open and realise I'm kissing him.

I quickly pull my head back absolutely mortified.

"I... I'm so sorry!!" I gasp in horror.

His shocked expression changes and he grins widely.

"Best clumsy move you've ever made" he states.

"Wha- what?" I squeak surprised.

Surely he doesn't mean...

Before I knew it, he reaches up and plants his lips on mine again.

I gasp into the kiss and relax.

"Always wanted to do that" he whispers

I giggle nervously and press my lips on his again confidently this time.</pre>