Dan One Shot for Lois (kickstotherizzle/tumblr)

“Ready or not here I come!” I hear my boyfriend Dan shouting from the other side of the house. 3 year old Katie and I slip behind the bathroom door.

Katie looks up at me and starts giggling.

“Shhh, we gotta keep quiet or else Dan’s gonna find us!” I say to her, quickly putting my hand over her mouth as her giggling dies down.

I hear Dan continuously opening and closing doors, as the sound of his footsteps near the bathroom. We watch as he walks in. He checks behind the shower curtain, then runs out of the room. Katie starts giggling again as a result. Then we hear Dan’s footsteps return.

“Found you guys!” He laughs as his head peeks around the corner of the door.

Dan picks up Katie and throws her in the air, catching her on her descent.

“You just can’t stop giggling can you?” He says, tapping her nose gently.

A smile spreads across my face, and he turns around giving me a peck on the lips.

“Eeww,” the little girl we were babysitting exclaims in Dan’s arms, as we chuckle.

“So! Who wants dinner?” He says cheerfully.

“Me!” Katie shouts, before wriggling out of Dan’s hold, making a run for it towards the dining room. “Catch me,” she giggles.

I watch as Dan chases her out of the bathroom, purposefully lagging behind her to let her win, before scooping her up in his arms and sitting her down on a chair. I find myself staring dazed at him as he plays around and feeds little Katie.

After dinner, I volunteer to do the washing up. Dan takes Katie to the living room, and not long after, I hear the strum of a guitar and the soft sound of Dan’s singing.

I swiftly turn off the tap to listen. I peer over into the room, to see Katie on his lap, with Dan holding the guitar in front of them both.

I watch as he lets her strum a few chords before excitedly praising her.

“Teaching her guitar at such a young age?!” I say walking in the room.

“She’s already better than you at it,” he smirks.

“Hey!” I retaliate back.

“C’mon Katie, let’s show Lois how good we are at the guitar?” he winks.

Katie strums the strings a few times as Dan presses on different strings with his left hand.

“Yay!” All three of us exclaim as they finish. Katie claps his hands together in excitement.

“Your neighbour’s gonna be impressed when they find out their daughter can play the guitar,” he sniggers.

I make my way back to the kitchen to finish off the dishes, before returning to the living room, with both Dan and Katie fast asleep on the couch together.

I smile at the thought of everything Dan did with Katie today. He’s definitely going to be a good dad…

I see Dan shuffle a bit, as his eyes flicker open. He cautiously slides himself off the couch, putting a pillow behind Katie’s head for support. He approaches me with a big grin on his face.

“I had no idea you were so good with kids,” I say quietly, aware that Katie is sleeping not so far away from us.

“It wasn’t all me,” he says shyly.

“Are you kidding? Katie loves you!” I exclaim quietly.

“Not as much as I love you,” he says cheekily.

“That was cheesy,” I giggle, as he leans in to kiss me passionately.

——————————————————————————————————-

A/N: Sorry it’s a bit short!! x