Dan One Shot for Michelle (michellecrlna/wattpad)

<pre>"You’re going out again?” I whine, watching Dan get ready for another night out with Micky and Greg, leaving me home alone.

“Yeah what's wrong?" He asks, obviously not noticing the disappointment in my voice. “It’s just that I feel like I barely get to see you anymore,” I sigh.

“How? I see you all day and I just go out at night!” His voice raising slightly.

“All day? You see me in the morning for like half an hour then you go to work all day then go out again almost the second you get home!”

“Are you really going to make me choose between you and my best mates?” He snaps suddenly, his temper rising. He barely ever gets mad but he's always so defensive over his friends. “Well you've been choosing them over me all week anyway,” I scoff quietly, mumbling the words under my breath.

“Can we please just talk about this later? I have to go,” Dan says. I roll my eyes.

“You obviously don't care about me as much, I’ll just leave so you can spend all day and all night out with them," I exclaim. I turn away from him, grabbing my bag and head out the door, trying not to let him see the tears already streaming down my face.

"Michelle, wait,” Dan catches up to me as I reach the elevator.

“Aren't you late for your night out?” I say mockingly, not feeling wanted.

“No,” he says simply, pulling me into the elevator and pressing all the buttons to ensure an extra long ride.

“Dan what are you doing?” I ask, as I see him pull out a sharpie, before grabbing hold of my bare arm.

“No,” I protest firmly, tugging my arm away.

“Please Michelle,” he shoots his signature puppy dog face, and I give in to it right away. I've never been able to resist that face. He silently scribbles all over my arm. I try to sneak a peek but his head is in the way on purpose.

Stepping out to the first floor, both my arms are full of his writing. "What is this?" I ask, inspecting the writing.

“Reasons why I love you more than my best mates,” He smiles.

I read a few- 'You're funnier' 'You're smarter' 'You're beautiful' 'You're cuddlier' 'You're sweeter' 'You're mine forever'

All the grudges I had held against him just seem to float away right here, right now, and a smile starts to creep up on my face.

”You're amazing,” I say, pulling him in for a hug.

“I’m sorry. You’re right. I haven't been spending enough time with you.”

“It’s okay,” I mumble against his chest. Dan lifts my chin up so my eyes would meet his. "I love you and I don't ever want to lose you." He leans down to give me a chaste kiss on the lips.

We make our way back upstairs. He cancels his plans and we spend the whole night watching movies, cuddling into one another and slowly drifting off to sleep in each other's embrace.</pre>