Greg One Shot for Luisa (unheard/tumblr)

“Look, Luisa. Please. Just stop hanging around him” Greg pleads with sadness in his eyes.

“Greg! He’s been my friend for almost 10 years now! We grew up together and now you’re asking me to stop being friends with him!?” I yell with each word growing louder and louder.

Sure I’ve been spending a whole lot of time with my best mate recently. His sister is in hospital so what am I supposed to do? Ignore him? Surely Greg could respect that.

I take a deep breath and clench my fists in an attempt to calm myself down.

“Why don’t you trust me?” I ask barely able to keep my voice calm and level.

He looks at me with a mix of confusion and rage.

“I do trust you! I don’t trust HIM!” He yells.

His words hit me like a ton of bricks. I was taken aback. He has never yelled at me before, not once in our relationship. My eyes widen with hurt and regret flashes across his face.

“You can’t make me choose Greg.” I whisper looking down at my shoes trying everything too keep me from bursting into tears.

He reaches out to grab my hand but I quickly pull it back.

“Luisa…”

“No Greg. You obviously can’t trust me. Not even with my best friend.” I manage to choke out before getting up and leave the room.

The run from his house back to my own was calming to the mind. I tried to think of everything but Greg. But as soon as I reached my room, I fling myself onto my bed and broke down into tears.

What have I done?

After what felt like hours of crying I sit up and wipe my eyes. Taking deep breaths I text my best friend to ask if he could come over.

5 minutes later the familiar sound of knocking told me that he was here.

I quickly comb through my knotted dark hair and pray that my puffy eyes aren’t too noticeable.

I took another deep breath and opened the door.

“Hey-“ I stop short to open my mouth in horror.

“Greg!?”

His forced smile falls off his face .

“Please-“

“Stop this Greg.” I state, breaking off his sentence, “If you don’t trust me then that’s that. There’s no point in keeping a relationship.”

My heart ached at those words but they were true.

Before I knew what was happening Greg wraps an arm around my waist and pulls me close to him. I gasp at his sudden gesture and all of a sudden felt secure in his arms. He tucks my hair behind my ear and places a hand behind my neck.

“I do trust you. I can’t live without you” he growls quietly before gently placing a kiss just beneath my ear.

I gasp again as his kiss sends sparks flying like crazy.

“I just get jealous easily okay? You’re the best thing that’s ever happened to me.” He continues while trailing his kisses along my collarbone, “You’re mine,”

I couldn’t help my giggle and tilt my head further, “Possessive much?”

“Maybe,” he says lightly before spinning me around so that he met my face, “I love you,”

I smile and wrap my arms around his neck.

“I love you too” I say before leaning in to kiss him.