Dan One Shot for Lucy (loveDistrict3/wattpad)

<pre>I groan as I get out of bed after sleeping in on this lazy afternoon. Quickly, I get changed and get ready for the day. I make my way into the bathroom and notice a heart shaped post-it note stuck on the mirror.

Confused, I walk up towards it and read it. 'Good afternoon lazy, -D :) x'

A smile creeps up on my face- my boyfriend is absolutely perfect.

Walking out to my living room, I notice another one- 'Meet me at the beach?'

Chucking on my shoes, I head out, letting my feet take me to the familiar beach me and Dan always go to.

'Rawr!'

'Boo!'

'Almost there!'

I laugh out loud to myself, passing a few more post-it notes he had stuck on trees and lamp-posts.

What could this be? I ask myself. Dan was never the one to sort out really complicated, detailed dates, so this really came as a surprise.

Reaching the beach, I look out at the sand to see no other notes in sight. Surveying the unsually empty area, I notice a big umbrella in the distance. I shrug and walk towards it, My gut feeling just knowing it's him.

Trudging along the sand towards the umbrella, I rack my brain trying to think of what Dan has in store for me.

I peer inside the umbrella hesitantly to see Dan lying on the blanket.

His face lights up immediately an he sits himself up.

"Finally!" He smirks.

I smile at him, and finally seeing what he had planned.

“Come sit,” he says, gesturing to the other side of the surprise he had out for me. He has made a homemade picnic, with all my favourite food, and not to forget- McDonalds.

"It's nothing special-" Dan starts.

“But it’s perfect,” I finish, beaming a smile at him.

He signals for me to open the picnic basket, and I do so.

There's another fluorescent heart shaped note in it. I pick it up to read.

He had written 'I love you' on it in his best ever handwriting. It's the most simple thing, yet the butterflies in my stomach still awaken, as I can't help but smile at how sweet he is.

'I love you too Dan,' I say genuinely, giving him a light kiss.

We spend the rest of the day cracking jokes, eating, scribbling in the sand; topping the day with a passionate kiss while the sun sets in the distance.</pre>